Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Blood, Broads, & Bastards! v2.0 +

Default Re: Blood, Broads, & Bastards! v2.0 +

Hi, playing BBB2 on Stainless Steel. I have a situation where the King - is the Kings right hand man, where is the Trait / Trigger for this in the export_descr_character_traits.txt file ?

Also in the 1 1/2 Grand Campaigns played so far Superstitious comes up alot. May need to tone down.

Otherwise having fun.

Quark - do you use the CNP (names project) at all with SS/BBB? I keep getting CTDs when trying to use BBB and I know that they both use extended.strings.bin

Not sure whats in the file to attempt to merget he two :s
    30 Mis-spellings of Shaeffer and counting!

Hi Shaeffer,

I think we use the same mods, CNP3, BBB2, UAI1.5, KB, SS3.2 (of course), a Darth/RC moded EDU/EDB. I merged the files into the SS version and all works fine.

export_descr_ancillaries.txt Copy changes to SS ver
    export_descr_ancillary_enums.txt ditto
    export_descr_vnvs_enums.txt ditto
    export_descr_character_traits.txt used whole (reduced scurvy/superstition)
    /text/export_ancillaries.txt update
    /text/export_ancillaries.strings.bin renamed as game recreates on start

I do not have a extended.strings.bin, do you mean expanded?

EDit: You can also add the addendum to campaign script for 'Princess comes of Age' message
    Last edited by Quark; June 25, 2007 at 05:55 AM.

Quark,

Can you provide detailed info how to merge these mods into SS? Also can you provide where these mods are located?

Thanks!

OK, I do not want to do a hijack about other mods, as this is about BBB, but some of this is easy just copy files and replace, some requires you to edit the text files which should be in your StainlessSteel\data folder

for Kings Banner: see http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=106251
    shaeffer has done a combined EDU file for this as well as banner xml

For UAI and CNP
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=103235

As to download the mods themselves, just look in the Released mods forum above.

If you want any of the edited files or have bug issues then just post the question in the SS forum and I will be happy to help (as will lots of others)

Quote Originally Posted by Hephaistos View Post
    The princess stuff: Only daughters of the faction leader or heir will produce playable princesses. These princesses you will find as an agent in the city, where the father is at the moment they are coming of age.
    Hm. My king have two daughters, not one was playable and at the age of 25 I married them to some land nobles.
    My heir is a "regent" and have a lot of daughters, but they arent playable too.
    Whats about daughters daughter?

Whats about the "regent heir" ? I want someone from royal blood become the heir :/
    Last edited by dm04; June 25, 2007 at 10:03 AM.

So far as I know, the princesses in BBB behave the same (playable/unplayable) as in vanilla... we can not (and did not) mod that at all. I only added some details to their characters to round them out.

Ebullient Princesses! Titles! Bloodlines! Bastard Traitors!
    So much fun in one little BBB package! Get yours today!

Buh, thats weird, well thanks for the answer dearmad.

Honestly, if I could mess with that at all... I WOULD HAVE! But no, that and selecting heirs is impossible to mod AFAICT.

I mentioned this before, but now that I am a few hundred turns in on the campaign I can confirm that my generals receive the severely wounded trait 50-75% of the time when I autoresolve battles.

tornnight's Avatar Forum Bot

Error:

21:09:58.671 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <VanquisherEnglishAssassinates>
    : <target_faction> is unavailable from event <LeaderOrderedAssassination>
    when testing <TargetFactionType> condition

Same for all the rest of the Vanquisher Triggers.
    "The first casualty when war comes, is truth." - Hiram Johnson
    Developer of The Long Road Modification

Pnutmaster's Avatar Dominus Qualitatium

Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    Hi, playing BBB2 on Stainless Steel. I have a situation where the King - is the Kings right hand man, where is the Trait / Trigger for this in the export_descr_character_traits.txt file ?

Also in the 1 1/2 Grand Campaigns played so far Superstitious comes up alot. May need to tone down.

Otherwise having fun.
    Is this problem still persisting? I recall we added a trigger that removed the Loyalty trait the turn after the character became king. The said trigger may have been forgotten when the EDCT was organized...

Superstitious comes up often you say? I will look into this. In the mean time, feel free to open up the EDCT and tweak the Superstitious triggers as you see fit (the trait should be called Superstitious).

Quote Originally Posted by Froggie5
    I mentioned this before, but now that I am a few hundred turns in on the campaign I can confirm that my generals receive the severely wounded trait 50-75% of the time when I autoresolve battles.
    I refer you to this past post for a brief explanation :

This is the nature of all traits connected to a general's loss of hitpoints in battle (while playing vanilla, you will notice that autoresolving your battles tends to give your general the "marked by war" trait.) Not sure how I will deal with this 'issue'...
    Basically, we have two options. Either make the Severely Wounded trait independent from hit point damage sustained in battle, or make the chance to acquire the trait minuscule, and so render it meaningless in battles that the player actually engages in.

Quote Originally Posted by tornight
    21:09:58.671 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <VanquisherEnglishAssassinates>
    : <target_faction> is unavailable from event <LeaderOrderedAssassination>
    when testing <TargetFactionType> condition

Same for all the rest of the Vanquisher Triggers.
    Thanks for pointing this out, tornight. The TargetFactionType event must not export the target_faction data, as I presumed when I wrote the trigger.

By "rest of them", do you mean the VanquisherXAssassinates triggers, or all of the triggers related to the Vanquisher traits ?
    Under the patronage and bound to the service of the
    artist formerly known as Squeakus Maximus
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

tornnight's Avatar Forum Bot

Just the Assassinates triggers.
    "The first casualty when war comes, is truth." - Hiram Johnson
    Developer of The Long Road Modification

Quote Originally Posted by Pnutmaster View Post

I refer you to this past post for a brief explanation :

Basically, we have two options. Either make the Severely Wounded trait independent from hit point damage sustained in battle, or make the chance to acquire the trait minuscule, and so render it meaningless in battles that the player actually engages in.
    Thanks for the info, I must have missed that post. I understand your choice - why include a trait if it will never appear? Also, IIRC severely wounded rather quickly becomes marked in battle, which does have some positive aspects.

For what it is worth, I would just note that in a typical campaign the player will autoresolve 50-100 battles (your mileage may vary) while only fighting a handful of battles in which their general loses a hit point.

warluster's Avatar Miles

Does this mod work with Patch 1.2?

ENSAIS's Avatar Decanus

Yes, it is FOR 1.2...

any project Big Map for BBB?

Quote Originally Posted by hentejada View Post
    any project Big Map for BBB?
    Not that I know of. Big project that would be involving lots of graphics too. And I play on the vanilla map- I like it. Someone else out there *might* have adapted it, however...

ENSAIS's Avatar Decanus

2 questions-- 1 I already asked before (sorry).
    1st- have you checked whether or not a trigger may not be firing for named generals and family members to gain combat stars. Currently in Pro Deo et Rege 0.2B I have yet to gain any combat stars in 3 campaigns I started.

2nd- I saw the mentor mod. Looks pretty interesting (but I am not a tech guy and it doesn't have a self installer). Have you checked it out? Any chance it could be combined with BBB?

Haven't started playing the mod yet, although looks great. Been copying pieces of files over to the very slightly modified version I've started with, noticed a few things, which upon further inspection are not your fault, they appear to be wrong/missing in the vanilla version of export_desc_character_traits.txt as well. I posted this same info on the totalwar.com forums as well in their bug submission forum.

;------------------------------------------
    Trigger hate_n_fear_1
    WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition IsGeneral
    and not WonBattle
    and BattleSuccess = crushing
    and I_ConflictType Normal
    and BattleOdds >= 0.5
    and BattleOdds < 1.5
    and GeneralFoughtFaction denmark

Affects Hatesaztec 1 Chance 40

Assuming that should be aztecs as the faction fought. Pure luck I just happened to see that one

The export_desc_character_traits.txt file is also missing triggers for dad_hates and dad_fears for the Venetian faction.

That's all I've noticed so far, I'll post more if I find any

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast