Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: BUG REPORTS & INSTALLATION PROBLEMS | POST HERE!!!

Default Re: Bug Reports

When I play as Scotland, my factionleader ALWAYS gets a daugther, who has no name. When she reaches maturity the game inevitably crashes. Has anyone else had this problem? I haven't noticed this particular bug playing other factions - it seems linked to Scotland only.

Quote Originally Posted by tornnight View Post
    Ahh yes, I've done that few times too. Takes a while to see who is doing it.

Did you notice what the heretic did? Did the heretic look strange in any way? Weird name or something?
    I think i remember it crashed, when he started to move.
    Hmm, sry cant be a great help...He looked a bit confused like thinking: wtf iam doing here...i coul be on Palma i couldnt see his Name.
    Can i introduce an angry cardinal next to him and send him to the heaven of heretics...
    some turns before the crash?
    Last edited by Alexei78; June 01, 2007 at 07:04 AM.

tornnight's Avatar Forum Bot

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy971 View Post
    I'm downloading your new mod, but can i install french version with this ?

I had CTD with last version of your mod when i captured cities, you never answer for this trouble.

So i can play with my french version, or not ?

thanks
    The temporary fix has been found. See the "Known Issues" in the Download thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Testimus View Post
    Hey tornnight

First of all thank's for a great mod.

I have noticed a couple of minor bugs in ver. 2.0 regarding rebel/pirate spawn.

Pirates spawn in the lake near Yerevan and in the lake in northern scandinavia.
    Rebels spawn on the tiny island north of Rhodos.

There might be more of these places and if it is something that can be fixed I will post them here (that is if you want me to ).

My apologies if this have been mentioned before.

Keep up the great work

Regards
    Testimus
    Thats a vanilla bug and can't be fixed.
    "The first casualty when war comes, is truth." - Hiram Johnson
    Developer of The Long Road Modification

Quote Originally Posted by Bifrost View Post
    When I play as Scotland, my factionleader ALWAYS gets a daugther, who has no name. When she reaches maturity the game inevitably crashes. Has anyone else had this problem? I haven't noticed this particular bug playing other factions - it seems linked to Scotland only.
    Thanks thats a huge clue. Will fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexei78 View Post
    I think i remember it crashed, when he started to move.
    Hmm, sry cant be a great help...He looked a bit confused like thinking: wtf iam doing here...i coul be on Palma i couldnt see his Name.
    Can i introduce an angry cardinal next to him and send him to the heaven of heretics...
    some turns before the crash?
    Hmm I'm not sure you can create agents, but you could move one given the right commands.

Quote Originally Posted by infernocanuck View Post
    I checked the threads, and I didn't catch this bug yet, but if it's already been brought up, my apologies.

I'm playing the new faction, the Abassid Empire, (ugh, I probably spelled that wrong. Deepest apologies.) and I'm not getting any "general's speeches" at the beggining of any battle. Oddly enough, I got one, at the beggining of my campaign, during a Jihad, but after that, nothing. Just pauses at the beggining of each battle, and then random cheering.

Anyone else having this problem, or is it just my end? I made sure to have a nice clean 1.2 install from 1.0 vanilla, deleted the old registry files beforehand, and I'm running no other mods (why would you, once you've played TLR? )

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Just played a few more turns. Attacing some rebels that popped up. In one battle, my general actually said something, and the other, well, nothing again. Maybe a few "speech paths" are missing?
    Thats not a bug. Thats vanilla Arabic speeches. They didn't get as much as the European factions.

Not sure if anything can be done about this but after I click on the icon to start the game the Splash screen comes up but then it just closes down back to the desk top. Now I have the Direct to Drive download version and I know that is the issue but was just wondering if there was any way around this bug?

I tried replacing the orginal game files with those from the mod but then I get a error as soon as I try to start the game.

Is there anyway to access the mod once the game has started?

Hmm. I can't say I know much about that version. If I run across something I'll let you know.

The Wool south-west from Edingburg is unreacheble

Well I'm not so sure it is the D2D version as other Mods like Bigmap and UltimeAi are working.

I did notice that when it starts it creates 2 dos shells before the Splash kicks in. Is this normal?

When I look at my family tree, the portraits of certain women (princesses, my own or married into the family) do not "dim" at the time of their death. You can read that they're deceased, but the portraits stay lit permanently. Is this intentionel?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightravn View Post
    Well I'm not so sure it is the D2D version as other Mods like Bigmap and UltimeAi are working.

I did notice that when it starts it creates 2 dos shells before the Splash kicks in. Is this normal?
    Hmm, which method do you use to start? Do you click on the shortcuts on the start menu?

Quote Originally Posted by Bifrost View Post
    When I look at my family tree, the portraits of certain women (princesses, my own or married into the family) do not "dim" at the time of their death. You can read that they're deceased, but the portraits stay lit permanently. Is this intentionel?
    No thats not intended. Weird. Never seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemikon View Post
    The Wool south-west from Edingburg is unreacheble
    Thanks will fix.

The pictures of women don't dim when selected on the campaign map either
    Popular superstition is still superstition.

Originally I installed version 2.0 on top of 1.10. In order to make it more stable I then uninstalled TLR completely and installed the newest version. Now I find that I'm unable to scroll down in my family tree, and I only see the upper half of the youngest generations portraits. If this continues, my family tree will be utterly obsolete in a little while. Interesting though, is the fact that I only encountered this after having removed 1.10 and making a clean install.

The error log says this

Code:
    01:22:37.337 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <0150_Crusade_Created> 
    : <faction> is unavailable from event <CrusadeCalled>
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

This is not so much a bug as a historical inaccuracy.

playing as HRE in year 1117 I have just captured cordoba with crusade and during the battle I found myself fighting sword and buckler men from the 16th century.

After capturing the city I reviewed the building list and recruitment list and I found that they had built a mecernary post and were able to recruit sword buckler men, longbow men.

Is there a way to prevent such advanced mercenary units appearing so early in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    The error log says this

Code:
    01:22:37.337 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <0150_Crusade_Created> 
    : <faction> is unavailable from event <CrusadeCalled>
    Funny you find that. I just fixed it before checking the forum today.

Quote Originally Posted by waldopbarnstormer View Post
    This is not so much a bug as a historical inaccuracy.

playing as HRE in year 1117 I have just captured cordoba with crusade and during the battle I found myself fighting sword and buckler men from the 16th century.

After capturing the city I reviewed the building list and recruitment list and I found that they had built a mecernary post and were able to recruit sword buckler men, longbow men.

Is there a way to prevent such advanced mercenary units appearing so early in the game?
    Yes, I just haven't gotten around setting up events for those particular units with advanced dress. Longbowmen however, are appropriate are they not?
    I just implemented a RENAISSANCE event that will control those particular kinds of units.
    Last edited by tornnight; June 03, 2007 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakonak View Post
    Didn't see a thing. Is there any one place I should look for? The mod looks great, but I can't even go past the first turn.

Oldgamer's Avatar My President ...
    Illinois, and I DID obtain my concealed carry permit! I'm packin'!

This is probably not a TLR bug, but I'm placing my report here in case anyone else has experienced it.

I spent probably 7 hours playing TLR, yesterday. (Torn, note that I will not use any new version, until I've finished my current campaign. It's that good!) When I left the campaign, and then tried to get out of the game and back to Windows, the computer went to "blue screen", and started booting up, as though I had "restarted" the computer.

I've defragged, today, and this has never happened to me before, with any game or mod. Anyone with an idea on what happened? There's nothing in the system log, and I'm at a loss ...