Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: King's Banner 2.0

GrandViZ's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Kings Banner

The EDU changes the banner section for some units, so there is a greater variety of banners displayed for every faction's unit types.
    Creator of the Ultimate AI
    Co-Author of Broken Crescent

Under the Patronage of Trajan

DrBeast's Avatar Biarchus

Ow...more corrections to my EDU then...grah! Thanx GrandViz!

Quote Originally Posted by DrBeast View Post
    I second Trajan's question regarding the EDU.
    Which unit using which banner is appointed in EDU. So if you are using King's Banner you need to use its EDU, or, you need to edit the banner faction line of your own EDU(That's quite a lot of work). Otherwise you cannot get its full function of this mod.

BTW, joe modified some units' stats in EDU, such as pikemen, etc.

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

this mod is only for vanilla. i didn't want to make them with a other mod, cause the people plays to much differtent mod.

i'm sure, that some modders will adapt them in some time.

the first using rights are by GrandViz, cause he helps me very much, so if you want to use tmy mod for your mod, ask me earliest in 2 weeks.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

DrBeast's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by zxiang1983 View Post
    ...or, you need to edit the banner faction line of your own EDU(That's quite a lot of work)...
    Eh...My Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V buttons were getting a little rusty...time for them to see some action

it's a little to early, but this is the preview for the v1.5.
    more shields, more banner!!!

Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

The EDU changes the banner section for some units, so there is a greater variety of banners displayed for every faction's unit types.
    It must have taken me 1/2 hour to implement all the new banner faction entries to Darth's EDU.txt. Can't wait to see how it looks ingame.

Its compatible with DarthMod???
    -BrianBergh
    E:TW - Give Pikemen some strength

i don't know. it depends on you. when you copy my files in your DarthMod folder and the data to data. maybe.

You can install it and play seperate to every other mod and the uninstall is more uncompicated. click on uninstall and ready.

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

It is compatible with Darth Mod and LTC (I'm using LTC mixed with Darth's battle system) but when it comes to the EDU.txt, you're going to have to do what I did and implement joedreck's banner faction entries.

How do I implement it with UAI?

Joedreck, 4 things.

1. I encountered a problem, the game crashes when I try to use Knights Templar units with armor upgraded. They work fine with normal/unupgraded armor. Can anyone confirm this?

2. My Hungarian generals are speaking in English (as the faction England). I tried copying the sound files from vanilla, and the disk but this didn't solve the problem.

3. What is config_fixer?

4. Please include a more detailed readme as this mod changes alot more than banners.

I hope you can help.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Armoured Hoplite; May 31, 2007 at 04:19 AM.

1. I encountered a problem, the game crashes when I try to use Knights Templar units with armor upgraded. They work fine with normal/unupgraded armor. Can anyone confirm this?

I've try it with all factions. i can't confirm that. the only one, who can happen is, that the banners are white or not to see, but that was tested by me. only all the rebels i didn't test, cause it would be to long time. i try it again and its work. with wich faction is this bug?

2. My Hungarian generals are speaking in English (as the faction England). I tried copying the sound files from vanilla, and the disk but this didn't solve the problem.

where? in the campaign?

my speaking in german. i'm looking in the file. the most of them divide the same parameters. how should i make it? when i chang it, all western generals spek hungarish.
    can you send me your vanilla export_descr_unit. i test it and change it, when possible.

3. What is config_fixer?

maybe GrandViz can tell you something about.

4. Please include a more detailed readme as this mod changes a lot more than banners.

i refresh the first page all the times, but i think its more importent to work on the bugfix and new things, then on the read me
    Last edited by joedreck; May 31, 2007 at 05:21 AM.

Ok

But do you know what I mean? In a custom battle, use knights templar and on the left, upgrade their armor before starting the battle. If not, they work fine but crash when armor is upgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungalley View Post
    How do I implement it with UAI?
    I will upload a separate installer of the King's Banner mod for Ultimate AI soon. It will include the complete King's Banner mod and make the necessary changes to your Ultimate AI installation, e.g. the update of the EDU.txt and sm_factions.txt.

Quote Originally Posted by Armoured Hoplite
    What is config_fixer?
    This is used by the King's Banner installer to create the kingsbanner.cfg file with the settings from your vanilla installation. There is no need to run it yourself. Just start the mod by using the kingsbanner.bat in your M2TW installation folder.

Regards
    GrandViZ

Quote Originally Posted by Armoured Hoplite View Post
    Ok

But do you know what I mean? In a custom battle, use knights templar and on the left, upgrade their armor before starting the battle. If not, they work fine but crash when armor is upgraded.
    I tried this with the Ultimate AI version of the King's Banner and could not reproduce your issue. So either the modified vanilla file has an error, or you made other changes to your installation (unpack the game, combine other mod etc.), that might cause the issue.

Regards
    GrandViZ

I'm also using a few combined mods; UAI, BBB, lil' bit left over from DarthMod, RegVerd and a ton of textures. Can't wait to see the updated installer btw.

I tried to reproduce this CTD issue with the default King's Banner files and my own merges but was unable to.

If I may ask, does upgrading the armor change the flags in any way? Or do we think this just has to do with the EDU file changes?

Also I've heard of the issue with speech switching to English for all other factions a few times, I don't think it's specific to this mod. Don't know how to solve it though :shrug:

I did a clean install of both M2TW and the King's Banner mod and it solved the Knights Templar issue. The only other mod I was using was the Byzantine Armor progression mod by WhiteWolf, and I added skins manually by Hunor for Hungary. Somewhere, somehow this affected the Knights Templar.

Anyway, with that solved my Hungarian generals are still speaking with England's voice set. How can I correct this? I have had this problem with other mods and I would just copy sound files from vanilla to solve the problem, but to be honest it didn't work last time I tried it and I don't want to move any more files.

Thanks, and I apologize for the strange Templar issue.

Joedreck, they are using England's voice set in both custom battles and in the campaign.

One more thing, when I had the Templar issue, I did trace it to the "mailed horse" file, when I removed that they worked fine, but of course had the normal horse texture from vanilla. But it was obviously something that I added that caused the conflict.
    Last edited by Trajan; June 01, 2007 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Merged double post.

Quote Originally Posted by Armoured Hoplite View Post
    Anyway, with that solved my Hungarian generals are still speaking with England's voice set. How can I correct this? I have had this problem with other mods and I would just copy sound files from vanilla to solve the problem, but to be honest it didn't work last time I tried it and I don't want to move any more files.
    i don't really understand it. your general speking in the vanilla hungarian and with mods english?

Yes, in vanilla they speak fine. In mod they speak English.

Also, as a note I tried using White_wolf's Byzantine Armor Progression mod on vanilla version and it crashed when using Templar with armor upgrade, I guess I found the problem there.