Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021

Thread: Religious/Philosophical Profile Thread

Laetus

Default Re: Religious/Philosophical Profile Thread

I worship One God and ascribe no partners to The Almighty. I submit myself to God (Al Islam). He begets not nor is he begotten. This is what was revealed to
    revealed to Moses, Abraham, John, Aaron, Zachariah, Adam, David, Solomon, Elijah, Enoch, Isaac, Jacob, Job, Jonah, Lot, Noah, Salah, Jesus, Muhammad PBUH and all the other Prophets and Messengers that were mentioned and not mentioned in the Holy Qur'an. They were of the righteous company who strived in the way of God.

Raised a catholic, dabbled with Erisian Discordianism when I was a leftist teen and became a centrist pagan following the Norse tradition.

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Reading John Milton's "The Subjection of Women". I support gender equality and Utilitarianism. Morally I regard what is right as that which does not create or exploit victims. If there are no victims involved, I'm inclined to regard something as moral, morally neutral or at least not immoral. This is where I break with organised religion, which tends to views certain things (like homosexuality in most religions or in the Catholic church's case contraception) as immoral even when there are no victims. Raised in the Catholic faith but became a sceptic in the 1990s. An agnostic but not a full time atheist - I just dont fully agree with the concept of the Christian God.
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; June 15, 2018 at 04:11 PM.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Right wing monarchism, with electoral counts/princes similar to the HRE.

The strong rules the weak, but if the strong rules badly, the weak shall rule the strong.

Thus the strong must be fair and just, thus maintaining their strength.

Also my religious belief would be ancestor worship, I find the Christ cult to be rootless and universal and not personal.

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

As anyone who takes in these postings one can see that I am an unashamed born again Christian who has had a personal relationship with my God and Saviour for some 35 years.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; June 20, 2018 at 04:20 AM. Reason: Off-topic part deleted.

Senator

I am an atheist who hopes that one day humanity will gently retire all religion and move on to better things.
    If I had to choose between betraying my friends and betraying my country, I hope I would have the guts to betray my country.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

I'm a Jesus-hating, Mohammed-mocking, Buddha-baiting atheist with no axes on my shoulder or chips to grind. I am epistemologically nihilistic, "morally" virtuistic, metaphysically materialistic, in short: I'm an existentialist. All supposed of "the Truth" must be interpreted as temporary metaphors, even that imperative I just stated can be considered fleeting. Life is not meant to be "enjoyed" it is meant to be seized, like a stallion, but not quite tamed. One may revel in the impossible task of existence, to seek solace in escapism is folly. By escapism I mean looking to another world for "meaning", be it a metaphysical plain with some nebulous god or a future Utopian nightmare/dream, these paths are nothing more than resentment written in mythical representation.

By virtue ethics, I don't mean it in the usual sense, I mean it in the Nietzschean sense, as in to give style to oneself. One does not do good because it is good nor because one is told to do so by revelation but rather because it is beautiful to do so. Every individual is an artist and every action is a piece of art. There is only one commandment in the religion of Himster: Thou shalt not be ugly.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell