Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Religious/Philosophical Profile Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Good's Avatar the Bad and the Ugly

Icon4 Religious/Philosophical Profile Thread

I thought that since the Political Mudpit has a Political Profile thread, that I make this for the Ethos Morales et Monastica Forum. It works the same way basically, however, make sure your posts are descriptive about what you follow, whether it be a Religion or certain Philosophies.

I do have a major rule here, please note that this thread is not about debating on religions and philosophies, but rather telling the Total War Center community on what you believe are the right things in your opinion.

Here is my Biography:

I am what you would consider to be a Protestant Christian. My denomination does not matter to me that much, however, as I base my faith and beliefs wholly on the Bible. My favourite Philosophers would be the Ancient Greek ones, such as Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle. I also enjoy reading about Roman Philosophies as well, from people such as Plutarch, and others.

I know that is a terribly simple biography, but that is all I had time for now.
    Last edited by The Good; December 14, 2007 at 04:45 PM.

Darkragnar's Avatar Member of Ordo Malleus

Default Re: The Religious/Philosophical Profile Thread

I was born as a Hindu and i am neutral towards all matters related to Ethos, Mores, et Monastica including The Existence of God...Yes thats right im neutral on the Existence of God.
    Member of the House of Marenostrum
    They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say ****, it's raining!

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

I was born into a family with a Jewish mother an a christian father. I tend to believe Judaism more, but I am not exactly a practicing Jew. My favorite philosophers are Karl Marx and Camus.

delete
    Last edited by Enemy of the State; May 07, 2009 at 01:05 PM.

I am agnostic. I have been baptised in the Church of England.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

I am a practising Christian and a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints ( http://www.mormon.org ). My sense of what is just is very much founded in the natural law of which Cicero spoke, and of which the Framers and Founders of the US espoused, and which I believe can be traced back and is founded in the laws of God. I thus believe in a moral-spiritual law that governs the universe...

"Man…must necessarily be subject to the laws of his Creator…This will of his Maker is called the law of nature…This law of nature…is of course superior to any other…No human laws are of any validity, if contrary to this: and such of them as are valid derive all their force…from this original." (Sir William Blackstone).
    "We are born for justice, and that right is founded not in opinion but in nature. There is indeed a true law, right reason, agreeing with nature and diffused among all, unchanging, everlasting, which calls to duty by commanding, deters from wrong by forbidding…It is not allowable to alter this law nor to deviate from it. Nor can it be abrogated. Nor can we be released from this law either by the senate or the people. Nor is any person required to explain or interpret it. Nor is it one law at Rome and another at Athens, one law today and another thereafter; but the same law, everlasting and unchangeable, will bind all nations and all times; and there will be one common Lord and ruler of all, even God, the framer and proposer of this law." (Cicero, De Legibus II, 4,10)
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Although I had not been baptised, I grew up in a Church of Scotland family (though none of them are actually practising Christians or have any concern for the spiritual life).

A year and a half ago however I became an Orthodox catechumen, then in June 2006 I was baptised, and am now a member of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Thyateira and Great Britain.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

I am a secular humanistic atheist, born into a family who's father is an atheist though christened, and mother is a spiritualist though christened.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Civitate

I am an atheist with slight nihilist leanings philosophical wise. None of my family are religious.
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

I'm a secular humanist and free thinker (quite redondant), from a family with multiple orientation (catholics, agnostics, anarchists, royalists)

Anachronist's Avatar Domesticus

Born into a not so truly Catholic family and about a couple of years ago decided to be a Buddhist, that didnt work out for me then i decided to be Atheist, then i turned to classical philosophy, tbh i dont know what the hell i am, perhaps a Atheist with Buddhist tendencies.

Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.

I was born into a Church of God family, and then for whatever reason we stopped going to church. During that time I started reading my Bible and developed my religion. I am now an independent Christian. Philosophically I'm not sure.
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

—Sir William Francis Butler

The Good's Avatar the Bad and the Ugly

Great posts, everyone. Keep them coming!

Tom Paine's Avatar Mr Common Sense
    Patrician

Silver Spring, Maryland (inside the Beltway)

Atheist with leanings of a nihilistic kind, a materialist monist, and while being generally utilitarian, pretty relativistic in my ethical/moral philosophy. Favourite or most influential philosophers probably being Nietszche, Mill, and Hume.

strongly influenced by the Tao, I pursued judeo-islam-christian mystic practices, got heavily involved in the "occult"---philosophically speaking I am influenced by natural things and natural events-- I am an ardent anti-humanist, and fervently Apocalyptic(--i desire apocalypse so to speak-at least for humanity)--I also believe science is the only process of humanity that we can be proud of--and if we dont exterminate ourselves or chance doesnt kill us , science will be our only salvation.

universalist

= to have a universal approach to understanding, and hence to try to see things from all relevant perspectives. to know that there is no ultimate truth just many examples of different truths.

mainly to explore openly and primarily to neither accept nor reject anything.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

Vicarius

I'm an atheist and has always been so, and I'm quite nihilistic as well, though not a nihilist!
    Last edited by Mathias; September 29, 2007 at 10:16 AM.
    Member of S.I.N.

Default Name all the religions, and philosophies you believed in, and what you currently are.

Name all the religions, and philosophies you believed in, and what you currently are.

When I was 14 I became a catholic.

Then at 15 I just decided not to be anymore, it was more complex than just that but anyway I just started getting into science more and lost interest in christianity.

Then at 16 I believed in sort of a combiniation of buddhism and quantum physics.

At 17 I started my own theories based on buddhism, quantum physics, and synchronicity.

At 18 I got into metaphysics, primarily stuff based on the matrix theories, and was trying to figure things out about the illumanati.

Later at 18, thankfully I got out of that way of thinking. Recently I became a became a born again christian... j/k

No but I started reading stuff about taoism, and abandoned intellectualism, and started practicing more intuitional stuff, and got into physical training.

But now I actually stopped calling myself a taoist, and primarily focus on no concepts, and focus instead on anything I want to...to just be flexible and think anyway I want to...without analyzing things...and to be sure to never conclude ideas, theories, and thoughts.

I like now to call myself a "Maverick", since this is an easy word and describes me as "not belonging to anything".
    Original Creator of Renaissance Total War (MTW2)
    Creator of Medieval Classic (MTW2)
    Maker of Instant Tech Mod (ETW)
    Maker of Infinite Money Campaign (ETW)
    Maker of Blockbuster Music Mod (ETW):
    http://www.2shared.com/file/5209733/...Music_Mod.html
    A Top Contributor of the Downloads Section
    Under the Patronage of Selenius4tsd

Vicarius

Default Re: Name all the religions, and philosophies you believed in, and what you currently are.

I have always been an atheist and I have always been a nihilist. It just comes naturally to me.
    Member of S.I.N.

Default Re: Name all the religions, and philosophies you believed in, and what you currently are.

Empirist, and I have a kind of joking realtionship with Karma, I do good things, good things happen, I do bad things, bad things happen, simple!

Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast