Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Custom Campaign Mod 1.02 released

Default Re: Custom Campaign Mod 1.02 released

Wow, presuming it's your first - welcome to the imminent world of fatherhood! It's a fun, fun ride, and puts everything else into perspective! I think you'll be forgiven for a diminished presence in the forums!

@DrJambo,

It is our second child, but its been quite a while since we had a baby. Thanks for your words of encouragement!

Unspoken Knight

Why, congratulations, of course!
    Life is a sequence of missed opportunities

hornet69's Avatar Laetus

Hey great mod. But is it possible to have the Aztecs aguirre European advancement in technology . I played them in the big campaign and had them discover Europe in 1250. They destroyed everything in there path ,but there cities died a slow death as they could not acquire advancement in technology .

any sreens of map ect

CONGRATULATION ON YOUR WORK YOU ARE INCREDIBLE.I only wonder if you are going to combine custom campaign mod with retrofit mod?thanks again

@gregoriano8,

I am working on a version of the CCM that incorporates the Retrofit Mod.

Unspoken Knight

Nice job U. Knight - looking forward to it! Care to shed any light on what the new version of the CCM will contain? Ported units?

The next version of the CCM will probably only be a simple addition of the Retrofit Mod plus some bug fixes and tweaks and will not contain any new kingdoms assets. The installer will likely contain both a kingdoms and a m2tw compatible version.

I would like to release a new version of the CCM in the future with ported units, settlements, forts and new battle/campaign maps but I am not sure when I will have the time.

Unspoken Knight

Good stuff. Well, there's a long time between Kingdoms and Empire, so take your time heh. It would be nice to see what you can achieve, given your expertise! Actually, there's a guy called BrandonM who's working on porting units, amongst other things, across to the GC. Check it out here.

Maybe some kind of collaboration would help reduce duplication of effort?

In all seriousness, with a new baby, your hands will be full for a good auld while!!
    Last edited by DrJambo; September 20, 2007 at 05:09 PM.

will there be online improvements?

Great mod. Good job on fatherhood.
    Last edited by lastofthelight; October 09, 2007 at 01:50 AM.

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but does "Added nearly all units to tech tree" mean that as a certain faction i can recruit other factions units or something else. What i mean to say is, does this mod have any new AoR system?

Quote Originally Posted by Knight_Templar View Post
    I'm sorry if this has been asked before but does "Added nearly all units to tech tree" mean that as a certain faction i can recruit other factions units or something else. What i mean to say is, does this mod have any new AoR system?
    No, I mean general bodyguards and some units only available in custom battles have been added to the campaign tech tree.

Unspoken Knight

Can 1.03 use this mod?

Quote Originally Posted by aceera View Post
    Can 1.03 use this mod?
    Absolutely, just ignore the 1.03 version warning displayed during installation.

I implemented the CCM after M2TW 1.02 and did not know what changes would be required for any future versions of M2TW. As it turns out, the CCM works identically on version 1.02 and 1.03 of M2TW.

I hope you enjoy this mod,

Unspoken Knight

This seems like a good mod, does it include hotseat? I would like to play it with some friends, from what all these other posts say, tyronia seems to be where it's at..

It doesn't include hotseat by default, but I have added (and commented out) the hotseat command line options in the "[m2tw path]\mods\custom_campaign\medieval2.custom_campaign.cfg" file. You should be able to open this file (create a backup first) and remove the '# ' comment characters from the front of the "playable = true" entry. This will turn on hotseat. to turn it back off, just add the comment characters back.

Alright. Will it be a "real" hotseat? Like, in Retrofit and Kingdoms? (being able to click shield in campaign selection) or like in Medieval without retrofit, where there is some complicated hotseat thing where you control every faction or something..or at least, that's how I understand it.

Thanks for help!

It is the same as M2TW since it uses the medieval2 exe file. However, you select factions the same way for M2TW, kingdoms and Retrofit, the only main difference is that for M2TW you need to enable hotseat with the described settings instead of choosing it through the front end multiplayer menu.

Just go to single player and toggle the hotseat factions on and off as you would in kingdoms multiplayer hotseat games.

Also, I am still trying to find time to release an updated version of the Custom Campaign Mod with Retrofit additions (e.g. with front end menu hotseat support for all custom campaigns). Hopefully I will have this available for release in the near future.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast