Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Custom Campaign Mod 1.02 released

Default Re: Custom Campaign Mod 1.02 released

@Mike13531:

I have added an image to the downloads section showing a comparison between a family member and leader for portugal.

@Viscount:

I am sorry the suggested fix did not work. Let me know how the reinstall went. Looks like I may have to investigate and update my installer to correctly update CCM after updating M2TW.

Also, check that the vanilla game runs fine after the 1.02 M2TW update. There is a strong possibility the 1.02 M2TW update did not fully succeed in which case the crash may be due to core game data and not CCM, particularly if you had modified files or installed other mods before applying the 1.02 M2TW update.

CCM is fully self contained in its own mod path and I can categorically state that is does not affect vanilla M2TW.

Thanks again for the feedback,

Unspoken Knight

Hey, I found out why its crashing!

You need it install it as follows:

-Custom Campaign mod

Before I had installed it like this:
    -Custom Campaign Mod
    -Custom Campaign Mod

It would crash on start up.

So install it correctly

In my opinion interesting mode, but the fantasy mode need somewhat more fantasy. its a good idea but need to expand more. It would be more interesting if you change the knights orders to make it more fantasy, new history and so on and maybe give an order to the arab lands. The knights of santiego im not sure if Spain should have it since they are a island nation perhaps change it to give boats or infantery or something in that direction, should change somewhat the names and history of the mercs. The carcocia standard should change also after my opinion.
    I love the small campaign long in enough to make it interesting and not to long to make it boring.
    All in all a good mod but should have some changes in the fantasy campaign in my opinion.
    Last edited by Lone rider; June 22, 2007 at 04:49 PM.
    ''I always made one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous." God granted it. ''

-Voltaire

Paul d's Avatar Praepositus

right on track Lone Rider

Hey, a really cool mod for this but it seems that I have to re-install it to play it, everytime I quit out and try to restart it I get told "FAILED TO FIND STEAM" I tried installing several ways and with and without steam running but no luck, any ideas?

EDIT: New note, installing it and running it from the "Launch" option at the end of the installation no longer works either =/
    Last edited by Sherman101; June 22, 2007 at 08:56 PM.

Saw the post in the launcher and downloaded this - it looks very nice. Are there any diplomacy tweaks or is it plain vanilla? If so, would you recommend H or VH campaign difficulty, or suggest using some diplomacy mod files for less acrimonious diplomacy?

Thanks for your good work.

Got a question - even the Rebels have a building tree and ability to build some agents and ships, although not land units. The Aztecs have walls, fields roads, and temples, but no other buildings and and no ability to build any agents or other improvements. They can hire mercenary ships and troops, but it still seems rather rough, so I'm wondering if that is intended. Is it that if they capture another player's city, they can use some of those captured buildings?

@Sherman101:

Is your steam version of M2TW updated to version 1.02?

@Wingate:

The diplomacy is plain vanilla. The Rebels can build a variety of land units, but these do not appear when viewing building info scrolls.

I have left the Aztecs recruitment and construction options as unchanged as posssible, but had to add some basic structures and mercenary ships to make them a usable faction. The Aztecs have other strengths so leaving limited agent and construction options balances things out and makes for a different playing style. The Aztecs can use the benefits of captured buildings, but all troop recruitment comes from either the core buildings or the temple.

@Lone rider:

I have not changed any factions for the fantasy map since they are shared with the more historical maps. I may consider collaborating with other modders for a future release with new factions and features. Thanks for your suggestions.

@everyone:

Thanks for the feedback

Unspoken Knight

Thanks for the mod, the maps are very nice. I would encourage you to find a different way of installing this mod. It did strange things to my registry, and messed up the installation all round. The problems did not go away until I ran a registry cleaner and several re-installs.

Maybe the problems I experienced are unique to my rig, maybe not. But it definitely was this mod that set it off.

Thanks.
    Using a straight infantry army is interestingly different - having more men on the field is nice.

Having no agents does speed things up, and pushes towards an aggressive conquest strategy unlike my usual build-up and one-at-a-time approach since I can't buy off extra enemies with donations. I'm pondering whether there is any point to chivalrous conduct if I can't get alliances anyway and the world will ultimately hate me in any case. Focusing on Dread to stack with chanting and fright seems like a strategy.

One question - do Chanting and Fright effects stack on the same enemy unit?

Yes it is updated to the newest version of M2TW, it says it's on 1.2 right now.

The new campaigns are excellent, but I have an important question. Can the Aztecs recruit Cavalry and Artillery Mercs? (I've already started the campaign, and must plan my conquests accordingly)

Good question re Aztecs. So far I've seen on offer Tlaxcalan and Native mercenaries, (Irish) Kerns, Mercenary Spearmen, Mercenary Crossbowmen, and Merecenary Galleys on an area-appropriate basis, but I've not ventured far enough afield for others. I would very much like some cavalry support.

Foederatus

There has been one glaring problem with the TW series since it's inception--the world has NOT CHANGED!! I don't care what period CA wants to play in, I still know exactly where Rome is before I even install the game. You, Sir, have solved that problem with Tyronia. YES! Anyway, I'm currently playing that campaign, and I'm having a ball. Why? 'Cause I haven't the slightest idea what lies out there in the dark. TW games have tremendous replay value. Now, I personally don't care for RTS, click-fest games, but their playability stems from random map generation. OK, so that is way too much for CA to assume, but Tyronia breaths new life into the game without trashing all the vanilla programing, and that enables us to play both with just the single install. Great.

Now, don't get me wrong, while I love the new fictional map, I do NOT want to play with lizards, dragons, wizards, Klingons, etc. Fictional, yes; Mythical, no. There already are mythical mods, and from what I hear, they're pretty good. But, let's face it, guys, the best part of any new game in a series is discovering the unexpected, ie, new units, buildings, campaigns, etc. The fictional maps could add a whole new dimension. So, thank you from an old fart who's motto is, "You don't stop playing when you grow old; you grow old when you stop playing."
    Or something like that.
    Our greatest glory lies not in never having fallen, but in rising every time we fall. Oliver Goldsmith

Does it affect the original campaign map and units?

@Wilhelm The Mediocre and Wingate:

The Aztecs can recuit mercenary artillery and some cavalry, but you may have to travel quite a distance. Many of the cavalry are marked explicitly for catholic, orthodox or islam. Some mercenary cavalry are generic such as Cuman Horse Archers, Alan Light Cavalry and Armenian Cavalry.

@TheDarkLordSeth:

I am not exactly sure of the context of your question but will try and answer.

In the context of the vanilla install of M2TW the answer is no. The mod fully installs into its own mod path leaving the M2TW installation untouched.

In the context of the mod, the original grand campaign is affected with various non-map specific changes such as tech tree changes, unit changes, leader models and other features. The basic flow of the campaign is the same (i.e. same map, factions, timeline, mercenaries and events).

@Shreman101:

Have you had any more luck getting the CCM to work? If not, do other mods with their own mod path work with your steam version? Have you tried running the mod with all 5 launch options?:

- Start menu shortcut
    - Quicklaunch icon
    - Desktop icon
    - Medieval II: Total War game launcher (for English 1.02)
    - Batch file located in:
    [Medieval II Path]\mods\custom_campaign\medieval2_custom_campaign.bat

I am also interested if other steam players have had the same problem.

@everyone:

Thanks again for some valuable feeback.

Unspoken Knight

Hi Unspoken Knight :-)

Could you (or others) upload this mod to another file-uploading site like Rapidshare or Megaupload for me,
    my download connection with filefront is like 10 kb/s..
    I've heard good things about this mod, and really want to try it out, thnx :-)

@Milad1986:

The mod is also hosted on strategy informer if that helps:

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/m...mod/14626.html

Unspoken Knight

You did answered my question. Thank you.

I must say, This is perhaps my favorite mod. All the other mods? yay for shiny new units, Yay for new buildings but.... the map is the same... maybe some more factions or changed by a few hundred years but... still the same. I love this because its a simple thing. I just had perhaps my most fun game i've ever had in MTW2 as Hungary against the Byzantines in your southern europe map. As for your tyronia map? im loving it. Keep up the good work.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast