Search:

Type: Posts; User: Basileos Leandros I; Keyword(s):

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 0.17 seconds.

  1. Poll: Re: Minimum Wage - Living Wage - What Wage?

    That is partially correct, but there's another aspect linked to the cost of the nominal basket of goods increasing - oil prices.

    In the space of about 5 months, from October - November to...
  2. Re: MTW Viking invasion regular campaign

    Eras are quite important in MTW because they clearly outline the differences in units available - Varangian Guards, which are one of the best Byzantine units, are only available for recruitment in...
  3. Replies
    74
    Views
    11,954

    Re: 10 Things Medieval 3 Would Need

    If we're going to have again building slots for castles / cities, restricting them to 6 max... no good. MTW 1 had unrestricted building slots for every castle.

    Also mod tools. Very important.
  4. Replies
    17
    Views
    555

    Re: Snow on the Bayou

    It's quite possible that it was made as a protectionist measure. Even today you can see sleek hypercars costing millions of dollars will tacked on, heavy rubber-plastic rear-end bumpers because of...
  5. Replies
    2
    Views
    546

    Re: Science Channels on YouTube

    2 favourites of mine - Internet Historian (not really science-y but not really historical either) and Veritasium.
  6. Replies
    17
    Views
    555

    Re: Snow on the Bayou

    Because some aspects are heavily regulated while some are not. There is a significant imbalance.

    Let me give you a clear example which I know personally - car regulations. In the USA, you cannot...
  7. Sticky: Re: TWC Milestone Award (former 10 years award) - See OP for details!

    Wooooo awards!!
  8. Replies
    17
    Views
    555

    Re: Snow on the Bayou

    You're confirming the point I am making - there is low regulation in the USA. It's deregulated compared to the rest of the Western world - aka the European Union.

    Case in point - GMO's are...
  9. Replies
    17
    Views
    555

    Re: Snow on the Bayou

    That has nothing to do with the issue described above. Food security and quality has nothing to do with the little employee protection, as outlined above with clear sources / articles / interviews /...
  10. Replies
    17
    Views
    555

    Is the US economy deregulated?

    Ha, John Oliver in his new segment is covering the meatpacking industry and the lack of safety protocols because why should there be proper protocols.

    IhO1FcjDMV4

    -Posts moved from there....
  11. Sticky: Re: TWC Milestone Award (former 10 years award) - See OP for details!

    More shiny bling, looking forward to it :D
  12. Replies
    7
    Views
    761

    Re: A Painted Shield of Honour

    Glad it "transports" you to those times / period. :bow:

    A new chapter coming soon!
  13. Replies
    66
    Views
    3,724

    Re: Snow on the Bayou

    This is not the media here, they're quoting state officials. I steered clear specifically on any media analysis; I wanted to know what the officials in charge are saying. Their exact words. And...
  14. Replies
    66
    Views
    3,724

    Re: Snow on the Bayou

    I still don't understand why wind turbine is the problem here.

    Wind turbine represented 23% of total possible output. Not even one fourth. That leaves 77% of it in the hands of gas & coal. When...
  15. Replies
    66
    Views
    3,724

    Re: Snow on the Bayou

    Gas turbines are NOT running. They're offline. 25% of wind turbine power does not account for the rest of the 75% going partially offline.



    30 GW were on natural gas and coal. Taken out. This...
  16. Replies
    11
    Views
    905

    Re: Facebook vs Australia.

    This is a very delicate case and could have a huge effect down the line on how social media works.

    I will reserve judgement on this case until the final decisions are taken, but forcing search...
  17. Replies
    66
    Views
    3,724

    Re: Snow on the Bayou

    Alright, so if the gas turbines had a backup power source, why have they been shut down and Texas left in the dark?
  18. Replies
    66
    Views
    3,724

    Re: Snow on the Bayou

    So... it has nothing to do with green energy. Gas turbines were shut down frozen.

    https://www.texastribune.org/2021/02/16/natural-gas-power-storm/
    ...
  19. Re: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

    Except it also applies when the white guy is a second class citizen himself.

    In Switzerland, back in 2009, there was an outrage from both Romania and Bulgaria because the SVP (Swiss People's...
  20. Replies
    66
    Views
    3,724

    Re: Snow on the Bayou

    Texas's energy capacity was reduced to nill pretty much because Texas does not experience these kinds of winters, and as a result, you don't really invest in this kind of heating and insulation. If...
  21. Sticky: Re: TWC Milestone Award (former 10 years award) - See OP for details!

    :D

    Yeah, we're getting old. I was much younger when I signed up for TWC during my computer class in secondary school. Fun times.
  22. Replies
    97
    Views
    5,859

    Re: Wall Street & Social Media

    Not quite, this has been going on for almost 2 years. Roaring Kitty made an analysis over 2 years ago on this, Michael Burry (from the famous Big Short movie) even mentioned this about half a year -...
  23. Sticky: Re: TWC Milestone Award (former 10 years award) - See OP for details!

    I'm glad you still remember that Halie. :bow:

    Byzantium TW indeed. Memories. And also a lot of posting & working for an idea of a mod.
  24. Replies
    97
    Views
    5,859

    Re: Wall Street & Social Media

    It's clearly not.

    Banding together to buy up the stock is not market manipulation, you're not a cartel.

    Ironically, the short laddering (artificial transactions to lower the price) of the...
  25. Replies
    64
    Views
    1,448

    Re: [DISCUSSION] The Badge of Courage

    Personal pass on it. Don't agree.

    I do agree however with making the Artifex more as a medal, since some modders are not interested in politics here.

    But Patrician & Citizen, as titles, should...
  26. Sticky: Re: TWC Milestone Award (former 10 years award) - See OP for details!

    Soooo... I get a Milestone Award! I'm up to 16 years now in May.

    16 years....
  27. Replies
    4,931
    Views
    460,522

    Re: Romanian Fortress (Romanian)

    yx-trl4W4Lo
  28. Replies
    97
    Views
    5,859

    Re: Wall Street & Social Media

    While I do consider it's a good idea to limit a bit the whole madness that was caused by WSB, this being classified as market manipulation is... ironic. A bit rich.
  29. Replies
    626
    Views
    195,370

    Re: Visit Romania!

    ZRMbh0wSly0
  30. Re: Your favorite upcoming games in 2021?

    Age of Empires 4.
  31. Re: 2020 Modding Awards - Nominations Thread

    Medieval 2

    Favourite mod: Tsardoms TW
    Favourite modder: jurcek / Wallachian
  32. Replies
    97
    Views
    5,859

    Re: Wall Street & Social Media

    Judging by the restriction of trading, the lack of transparency, the emergency bailout capital and the fronting for transactions, the term of market manipulation is possible either way you look at it...
  33. Replies
    7
    Views
    761

    Re: A Painted Shield of Honour

    Alwyn, thank you. :bow:

    It's a bit darker in theme than say Swords Made of Letters, certainly different overall and you will see a much larger group of characters along the way.
  34. Replies
    97
    Views
    5,859

    Re: Wall Street & Social Media

    I'm overall very surprised at the reaction by financial media over this thing.

    I've known WSB for some time now and while a lot of it is due to the lulz, most of them over there realise the risks....
  35. Replies
    97
    Views
    5,859

    Re: Wall Street & Social Media

    Princeton University report about predatory short selling - https://www.princeton.edu/~markus/research/papers/predatory_short_selling.pdf
  36. Replies
    97
    Views
    5,859

    Re: Wall Street & Social Media

    Shorting is predatory in some cases - you're basically piling cash on the downfall of a company instead of wanting them to succeed. This is why Musk has been struggling for so long with Tesla, they...
  37. Replies
    97
    Views
    5,859

    Re: Wall Street & Social Media

    Melvin Capital has a history of bragging about their positions. They bragged about it in public that they're shorting Tesla, which led to Musk tweeting yesterday his support of GameStop.
    ...
  38. Replies
    97
    Views
    5,859

    Wall Street & Social Media

    As many of you probably know by now, as it has been plastered all over traditional media (TV / newspapers) lately, there's full blown "war" between social media, namely Reddit, and Wall Street, over...
  39. Replies
    141
    Views
    2,823

    Poll: Re: [Ostrakon] Pontifex Maximus

    I remember this one, I remember what a whole scandal it was on the website. It sort of set the bar for how things like this should be governed.

    Almost 15 years ago...
  40. Replies
    7
    Views
    761

    Re: A Painted Shield of Honour

    Chapter IV - Difficult Choices

    -------

    Dawn
    North of Marseille
    16th of October 1313
    Kingdom of France
Results 1 to 40 of 500
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4