Search:

Type: Posts; User: bovi; Keyword(s):

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 0.11 seconds.

  1. Replies
    394
    Views
    19,694

    [Tool] Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

    In that case I'll just delete those folders, the main data folder should be sufficient to run my tests of checks on.
  2. Replies
    394
    Views
    19,694

    [Tool] Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

    I've got the download and have unpacked it, but could I ask what the "data XII" and "data XIII" folders are meant to be? Should I patch the data folder with their contents?
  3. Replies
    394
    Views
    19,694

    [Tool] Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

    Got your PM. No worries about the delay - we at EB2 are no strangers to stuff cluttering up plans of releases, to be sure.
  4. Replies
    394
    Views
    19,694

    [Tool] Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

    In that case, you'll have to bring up a concrete example if you think there's something wrong with the animation checks. There certainly could be, but it seems right to me.
  5. Replies
    394
    Views
    19,694

    [Tool] Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

    Yes.


    No. The vanilla unit cards and pictures should already be in vanillaFiles.txt, and only those missing from your mod and not part of a vanilla installation should be reported as is. If...
  6. Replies
    394
    Views
    19,694

    [Tool] Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

    Yes, it should do so. In general:

    1. Look in the mod folder for the exact file in question.
    2. Look in the mod folder for the file with an additional extension that it could have.
    3. Look in the...
  7. Replies
    394
    Views
    19,694

    [Tool] Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

    Uploaded a new version.



    Edit: Oops, did a mistaken rename of a java file that was not yet converted to Kotlin. While the compiled classes should work correctly, the sources would not have...
  8. Replies
    394
    Views
    19,694

    [Tool] Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

    I got to looking at this today. On my computer, on the version of your mod I have, these are the messages output by it:

    export_descr_unit.txt 1135 (italian cavalry militia - Faction slave): ...
  9. Replies
    394
    Views
    19,694

    [Tool] Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

    Yeah, I expected there couldn't be that many missing ones... A download for your current dev build would be helpful, yes, as I would then have the same line numbers as you. I'll look into why it's...
  10. Sticky: Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A released!

    About uploading for additional mirrors: Sure, go ahead, that is helpful.
  11. Replies
    394
    Views
    19,694

    [Tool] Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

    For EB2, most units seem to be fine except possibly 4, so that speaks in favour of it being accurate. If you're not surprised by the great number of dangly bits, I'll assume it's accurate for now....
  12. Replies
    394
    Views
    19,694

    [Tool] Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

    Uploaded a new version.
  13. Replies
    394
    Views
    19,694

    [Tool] Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

    I've written a test for the info pictures, but I'm afraid it may be faulty - there are such a lot of missing info pictures for SSHIP I cannot think it's correct. Keep in mind I don't have your dev...
  14. Replies
    394
    Views
    19,694

    [Tool] Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

    That's a bit of a coincidence. As part of recently expanding the EDU parsing I noticed the directives info_pic_dir and card_pic_dir, which override which folder where the game should look for...
  15. Replies
    394
    Views
    19,694

    [Tool] Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

    Yes, that is true. A character of any subfaction will not use the names of that subfaction, but needs to have them defined for its main faction (slave) instead. Is this not how the game works?
  16. Replies
    394
    Views
    19,694

    [Tool] Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

    Sorry, I don't fully understand you, but giving you a bit of information which may and may not answer your questions.

    For name text, the tool reads:

    names.txt (called translation default)...
  17. Replies
    394
    Views
    19,694

    [Tool] Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

    Thanks, now recognized (but ignored).
  18. Replies
    394
    Views
    19,694

    [Tool] Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

    Uploaded a new version.
  19. Replies
    394
    Views
    19,694

    [Tool] Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

    {} are called "curly braces" in English, i believe.

    You're right, the code names should not have spaces in them, only the display text. I'll make that check as part of the common code for...
  20. Replies
    394
    Views
    19,694

    [Tool] Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

    No worries, you are welcome to the discussion.

    You seem to be using a very old version of the checker, like from 2018 or 2019? Or perhaps you have been confused by early thread posts into trying...
  21. Replies
    394
    Views
    19,694

    [Tool] Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

    Found the bug about the historic events text. I consolidated reading those kinds of files into a single place recently, but forgot to remove the old version of reading that particular file. Thus it...
  22. Replies
    394
    Views
    19,694

    [Tool] Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

    The duplicates report sounds like a bug, yes. I'll look into it.


    For the things you mentioned, probably not. For "and so on", most definitely not. Regardless, despite being incomplete it is...
  23. Replies
    394
    Views
    19,694

    [Tool] Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

    Uploaded a new version.
  24. Replies
    394
    Views
    19,694

    [Tool] Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

    Thanks. You're right, I forgot the separator when adding removal of sound files. I've fixed it locally now, but will need to finish up another change before putting out a new version.
  25. Replies
    394
    Views
    19,694

    [Tool] Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

    Right, that must be it. Took me entirely by surprise!
  26. Replies
    394
    Views
    19,694

    [Tool] Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

    Uploaded a new version.
  27. Replies
    394
    Views
    19,694

    [Tool] Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

    Wow, the new forum style made it really hard to read. If you're struggling to find the setting like I did:

    1. Forum Actions => General Settings

    2. Search for "Forum Skin", close to the bottom...
  28. Replies
    394
    Views
    19,694

    [Tool] Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

    Thanks! Using that knowledge, this seems to work.

    After reading the factions, I look for the papal_faction and note that one's religion. As long as the papacy faction exists, I mark eligible...
  29. Replies
    394
    Views
    19,694

    [Tool] Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

    The images referenced in descr_missions generally point to ui/<culture>/event_pics/<image>.tga, as far as I can see. With the code I'm making now, currently it is reporting for instance these on...
  30. Replies
    394
    Views
    19,694

    [Tool] Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

    That does help, yes. I wrote in an earlier post that you cannot run "del" directly, as it is interpreted by the command line rather than its own executable (svn is an own executable). You need to...
  31. Replies
    394
    Views
    19,694

    [Tool] Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

    expanded.txt is not read. I have seen that it is necessary for checking missions and intend to do so, what other parts of the game does it support?
  32. Replies
    394
    Views
    19,694

    [Tool] Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

    This is not remotely enough. Tortoise does not matter for this bit, actually. Tortoise eases your daily interactions with svn, which means committing your changes and updating your local files with...
  33. Replies
    394
    Views
    19,694

    [Tool] Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

    The payout is selected upon ASSIGNING the mission, not upon COMPLETING it, no? It's been a while, but as far as I can remember you get to know what reward / penalty you will receive when you get...
  34. Replies
    394
    Views
    19,694

    [Tool] Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

    If that is a sequence for choosing one option, I would think the chances were rather 33%, 33.5% and 33.5%. First there is 33% chance to pick the first, then ONLY in the 67% remaining cases do you...
  35. Replies
    394
    Views
    19,694

    [Tool] Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

    I have uploaded the fix as a new version. There are no other changes than fixing its running deletion using "del".
  36. Replies
    394
    Views
    19,694

    [Tool] Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

    Special characters may have special problems, but it's not what's happening here. I've found out you cannot run "del" directly, as it is not an executable, but rather an interpreted command for the...
  37. Replies
    394
    Views
    19,694

    [Tool] Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

    Special characters may have special problems, but it's not what's happening here. I've found out you cannot run "del" directly, as it is not an executable, but rather an interpreted command for the...
  38. Replies
    394
    Views
    19,694

    [Tool] Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

    That's weird. You're running Windows, right? I'll test it on my end to see if it's failing the same way here.

    Edit: Yes, it fails. Will fix.


    It's a bit of work to get to know them. Subversion...
  39. Replies
    394
    Views
    19,694

    [Tool] Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

    EB2 doesn't use any of the randomized missions, rather making own specific missions using other mechanics, so this area has not been any consideration for this tool before it was released for other...
  40. Replies
    394
    Views
    19,694

    [Tool] Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

    Uploaded a new version.



    I'd like to point out how the new configuration item works. It's described in the configuration.txt, but perhaps this will illuminate it more.


    Note that no...
Results 1 to 40 of 428
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4