How can we improve?

1. Graf Nacht
    Graf Nacht
    As you can see, Slavic Dominion is a starting group and doesn't have a lot discussion going on yet. So it is YOUR advice we are looking for to improve this group. What things would you like to see discussed on this group? What periods of Slavic history interest you the most? What do you think can be added to improve the group?

Everyone is welcome to contribute, and we're always glad to see new members!
  2. LordGuanProtect
    LordGuanProtect
    I would like to know much about the Slavic history during the Roman as well as the Medieval times. Also for a newbie like me on Slavic history, it will be nice of you to give a brief introduction about the background of the Slaves.
  3. Graf Nacht
    Graf Nacht
    Work in Progress!
  4. ecclesian_knight
    ecclesian_knight
    hey guys can i join? i really wanted to know about the history of slavs during the industrial age. I read about the Russian Empire....Russia is a Slav country right?
  5. Graf Nacht
    Graf Nacht
    Well, at least some parts of it are, but there are a lot of theories and opinions on the topic. For one the Russian Empire of those days encompassed a lot of land and people who were not all slavs. It is generally believed that it was mostly Slavic, although there are some sources that say that what is today called Russia originated from Finno-Urgik and not Slavic tribes in the first place.
  6. Russian Gondor
    Russian Gondor
    So is this a Slavic history club or just a Slavic People Club?
  7. Hetman Żółkiewski
    Hetman Żółkiewski
    Maybe we should add to the group description, post regular debates and discuss issues, make meetings to exchange knowledge, host total war tournaments, establish a mini-government with a Head Chief, Chiefs (Minsters/High Nobles), Warlords (Nobles/Generals), Warriors (Low Noble/Fighting Class), and Peasants/Civilians?
  8. Hetman Żółkiewski
    Hetman Żółkiewski
    Graf Nacht, and ecclesian_knight, we could post an entire discussion about whether or not Russia is Slavic on the regular debates I just suggested.
  9. intel
    intel
    Russia IS slavic. There's no point in discussion about this issue
  10. Hrobatos
    Hrobatos
    NO it's not, too much easternes among them, but RUSSIANS are Slavs
  11. Vladyvid
    Vladyvid
    Hi all, there are some interesting stories concerning the origins of slavs in Europe and I would like to see a discussion focused on that subject, but ofcourse there are plenty of other subjects.

On the notion that Russia is not slavic, I would say it is not less slavic than any other slavic country as there are no typically slavic (culturally) countries in the modern times IMHO. The slavs lost their culture to either blend with the western european catholic-influenced culture or the eastern earupean orthodox-influenced culture. Ofcourse you can still claim that the rural cultures retained a lot of the old pagan rituals and believes, but they are not the mainstream in slavic countries, which all mimic the west (sometimes east). Why do slavic presidents wear suits like any westerner and not their traditional slavic clothing (compare with the Arabs who despite being rich of oil retain their native clothing styles)? Why do we even call them presidents? Is this a slavic word belonging to a slavic culture? No. The slavic identity is in my opinion more of a historical and to a lesser extent ethnic identity, rather than cultural identity which is mostly based on nationality.
  12. phoenix[illusion]
    phoenix[illusion]
    slavic culture should be more popular since slavs are majority in europe. more movies, games, books about slavic culture