Game Discussion

Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. Lord of Cats
    Lord of Cats
    This is the place to talk about the game without using role-play and/or junking up the main game thread with non-move posts. Personally I'm creating this discussion to be able to interact with you guys and gals more.

I agree with Varangian: the Baltic is shaping up to be a hot place. I think since Sweden and Prussia are allies they will just gang up on Estonia and smash poor Philip. @Philip Regent: you should have started in Spain or North Africa imo. Plenty of room there to expand and not anger people. WC
  2. N B Forrest
    N B Forrest
    It is indeed regrettable that Philip chose to organize a republic on lands claimed by the Swedish crown.
  3. SonofaBooyah
    SonofaBooyah
    I see myself spending a lot of time in this discussion
    About the Baltic situation, I actually doubt their will be a conflict. Finska doesn't seem like the militaristic type to me for some reason. Not sure about Forrest though. But yea, I'm still waiting for an Iberian faction to be best buddies with.
  4. Flavius Aemilianus Finnicus
    Flavius Aemilianus Finnicus
    Hmmm "puny" bradavies doubts King Erik den Helige/Finska Lejonet courage

ps. dont mean to offend you calling puny. if offended we ask your forgiveness!!!
  5. Philip Regent of Hospitallers
    Philip Regent of Hospitallers
    Why should I abandon my homeland??? If I fall, then I go down with a fight and not run
  6. SonofaBooyah
    SonofaBooyah
    @Finska Don't make me come up there in Scandinavia and sack your capital!

@Philip We're not telling you to abandon your homeland, we're just saying that you could of chosen a better location to start from. It's not your fault though, you couldn't of known that Finska had claims on Estonia.
  7. Flavius Aemilianus Finnicus
    Flavius Aemilianus Finnicus
    Bradavies: you would sack the greatest/Most beautiful city in hole medieval world? :O i suscpect you being hun or worst Mongolian
  8. Rhinelander
    Rhinelander
    Sweden was one of the poorest countries in medieval lol
  9. SonofaBooyah
    SonofaBooyah
    @Finska Nope, I'm just another extremely jealous Christian king

@Rhinelander In reality yes, but in this game Stockholm is currently the greatest city in Europe.
  10. Mary The Quene
    Mary The Quene
    Bradavies@ You're referring to me lol?
  11. SonofaBooyah
    SonofaBooyah
    @Attalus That depends, do you want to sack Stockholm?
  12. N B Forrest
    N B Forrest
    Looking at the map, I think I should have started in Spain and revived the Caliphate of Cordoba. sigh
  13. SonofaBooyah
    SonofaBooyah
    No-one started off in Iberia in the last game either, although Rhinelander eventually migrated their and became Portugal.

Edit: 100th discussion post yea!
  14. Rhinelander
    Rhinelander
    Yo Portugal
  15. N B Forrest
    N B Forrest
    Maybe I ought to give that some serious consideration.
  16. Philip Regent of Hospitallers
    Philip Regent of Hospitallers
    Actually I was aware of Swedish Empire´s historical claims during 17th century, before their utter defeat in Northern War and the death of their King, Charles XII. However, I chose the land because, it is my real homeland as well and tried to re-enact the autocratic Estonia between World Wars, just about 500 years earlier Finska still has many regions in Scandinavia before turning eyes to my lands
  17. SonofaBooyah
    SonofaBooyah
    Oh. In which case, this is your own fault
  18. Lord of Cats
    Lord of Cats
    Why are there so many arranged marriages/marital alliances in the throne room threads? I HATE arranged marriages! They degrade women since it treats them as property to be used as the king (usually) sees fit and are a form of slavery to them. More than 75% of the time people in arranged marriages do not love each other and are unhappy. Let people find love on their own please!

@bradavies: N B Forrest is very militaristic. Trust me, I know.

@N B Forrest: you can start a new nation anytime, though your old one will automatically go back to rebel regions and you can't go back to it. And you have less of a chance at winning since basically you would start all over again with a single region. WC
  19. NobleWoman
    NobleWoman
    I dont oppose the idea of arranged marriages, but I agree with WC's opinion, which is quite correct. But I like to say that if your society is matriarchal or believes in gender equality, as in Gandhara, then arranged marriages become a good way of providing rightful place to female talent. In our case, an arranged marriage has been concluded with the Kingdom of Jeruzalem, and the Princess Melisende who will join the Gandharan family has been made a governor of Gandhara's only port region. Prince Phillippos, on the contrary, though being the Queen's brother, does not get those many rights! People may find love on their own, which is right, but arranged marriages can work out too, provided the woman is strong and is able to keep her stand and tell her husband what she wants and that he's to stay in his limits!
  20. N B Forrest
    N B Forrest
    Let me add that many marriages for love end up with the parties involved being quite miserable too. Hence the high divorce rate and even the complete eschewing of marriage and people just living together.

IMO, marriage is just civilization's method of regulating procreation for whatever perceived reason it thinks it needs to regulate it for.
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast