Rule proposals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. SonofaBooyah
    SonofaBooyah
    If anyone has any proposals for some new rules, or the changing of any existing ones, post it here. Anyone and everyone in the group can chip if they like, and please don't be scared to propose a rule!
  2. Lord of Cats
    Lord of Cats
    I propose that we get rid of the rule where if one player gifts a region to another, it causes a -1 on their roll next turn due to "loss of morale". How does giving a region to a friendly nation cause a morale penalty to your troops? That doesn't make sense. I also propose that instead of the -1 on the person's roll that we just put a limit like "A player can only gift up to 3 regions to other players every 5 turns." What do you guys think about this?
  3. General Maximus
    General Maximus
    I completely agree with Warrior Cat. It is much better to just put a limit on giving provinces for some turns, instead of giving a penalty.
  4. Heavy Weapons Guy
    I agree with WC.
  5. LegolasGreenleaf
    LegolasGreenleaf
    Agreed as well.
  6. SonofaBooyah
    SonofaBooyah
    Yea, now that you mention it the rule does sound stupid. So we all agree to put a limit on it instead?
  7. Lord of Cats
    Lord of Cats
    I feel so awesome right now. Does everyone also agree on the limit I proposed, or should we discuss that further?
  8. Pyrrhus the Molossian
    Pyrrhus the Molossian
    Agreed.
  9. ✠Ikaroqx✠
    ✠Ikaroqx✠
    Agreed
  10. ✠Ikaroqx✠
    ✠Ikaroqx✠
    New rule proposal - Not sure if this has been already sorted, but if a faction dies how about the player of that faction can come back into the game as a new country 10 turns later or something.
  11. The Kybrothilian
    I accept the proposal by WC.

@Varangian cohort, the defeated player can already spawn back immediately with a new faction after being taken out.
  12. Rhinelander
    Rhinelander
    The player can rejoin everytime, there is no rule that the destroyed player cant rejoin.

Edit : Ignore. For some reason it didnt show your post Kybro.
  13. ✠Ikaroqx✠
    ✠Ikaroqx✠
    Okay then
  14. Lord of Cats
    Lord of Cats
    Yeah you have two options when you lose all your regions: try to instigate a revolt once every three turns in the last region you controlled to bring back your old faction OR create a totally new faction somehwere else on the map. It is probably wiser to create a totally new faction if you lose all your regions as you will immediatly be back in the game rather than leave it to chance or fate for your revolt to succeed and get back you old nation.

@bradavies: so is my new rule implemented?
  15. General Maximus
    General Maximus
    This rule is already there. But players can come into the game immediately after being destroyed. Why delay 10 turns? A person will not wait 10 turns simply to join up.
  16. SonofaBooyah
    SonofaBooyah
    @WC it will be added now.
  17. pacifism
    pacifism
    Out of convience and size efficiency for lesser and non-naval powers, will their be two maps (one Europe, one Americas) for European Wars VI?
  18. SonofaBooyah
    SonofaBooyah
    You mean two separate maps?
  19. General Maximus
    General Maximus
    As far as I have seen, RTD games cannot have two separate maps running in two separate ways. The only close solution would be to include Americas in the same map, just like in EW-IV and EW-V here.

I also planned to add China and Korea as separate maps to my Sengoku Jidai RTD game, but it is very tedious both for the players and for the GM. The only solution, again, would've been to add Korea and China on the same map.
  20. pacifism
    pacifism
    OK. I retract my proposal.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast