game

1. knight of virtue and valor
    knight of virtue and valor
    Allright lads, here goes,

Adratisement:

It is the year 1200, and reality as we know it has its fair share of problems. Fanaticism is rapant, and war is common......but the cataclysm made things far, far worse. This extremely violent event happened all over the world, all at once. weather was extreme, earthqaukes happened, disasters both real and up until now imaginary shocked the earths population in some places, the sky lit with blue flame, in others the beasts of nightmare appeared from seemingly nowhere...everywhere, countless masses of people died. when the smoke cleared, beasts of all manner walked the earth, geography had been added to and changed, the gods, both christian and heathan began to manifest their existance in ways never before seen, and magic.....magic, worked. Take up the sword, and if it is your fate, the hammer of the gods or the staff of the magician, and make your legend among this time of legends. OOC: if we get enouph people, we can have different groups in different locals, but for now, everyone starts in london, England on the day of Cataclysmal event.

Mechanics: I will be using the Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 Edition rules, with maybe a few major additions and/or subtractions. The Game bassically has a system for every conceivable thing for medieval fantasy , and really, the only one who needs to know it very well is the Game Master, which is me. I could explain everything to you here and now, but that would literally take all day and then some, however, I can give you this, a basic summery of what I'm doing http://www.revolutionsf.com/iveymojo/QuickRules.pdf
    except, of course the changes mentioned, that should be fairly accurate. My players, if they wish, can learn the system in as much or as little depth as they wish, and of course I would aid them, but as I said, only I, the game master, need know anything, really.

Here is an example of how the mechanics would go for a badass named Dark Sun ambushing some goblins

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Game Master: None of the goblins hear anything, until Dark Suns Knife goes right into one of the goblins heart, but with his last breath, he yelps to his comerades, who turn around in suprise, in the split second he has to act.....

Dark Sun: Dark sun Lunges for his throat with a slashing motion

Game master: the Goblins is too slow to raise his shield or dodge, and so has his throat slit, his black blood splattering all over. the last one, having seen his two comarades go with little fight, flees, gibbering about mercy

Dark Sun: Dark sun throws his knife after him

Game Master: It sticks into his skull, killing him instantly.

Dark Sun: I'm getting rather good at this Dark sun thinks as he retrieves his knife and begins to loot the bodies, but I probably should have just followed that last one

Explained: Dark sun, an assassin with leather armor and a dagger, decides to sneak up behind a group of three goblins, walking in a line, each a few feet from on another. to do so, he must make a move silently check, which is 1d20+ Dexterity Mod+Move Silently Skill. with a dexterity Mod of +4, and a Move Silently Skill of 4, his roll will be 1d20+8 He rolls a 17, which results in a total of 25. To Determine if the goblins hear him coming, they have to make a roll 1d20+Wisdom Mod+Listen skill, which, because of their stats, is 1d20 +3. they roll 1, 13, and 6 respectively; none of them hear dark sun coming, So dark sun gets to Sneak attack one of the goblins from behind with his dagger. Because he is being caught flat footed (unprepared), the unfortunate goblin will be successfully stabbed with only an attack roll of 12 or higher on dark suns part, the formula being 1d20+his base attack bonus (1, because he is level one) + his dexterity mod (4) he rolls 11 for a total of 16, stabbing the poor goblin right through his weak defences. The damage for his weapon, the dagger, is 1d4 +4 for his dex mod, however, because its a sneak attack, and he is an assassin, he gets an additional d6 damage he rolls 3 on the d4, plus 4, which equals seven, plus another 2 from the d6 sneak attack totalling to 9 damage. The poor goblin only had 5 hp, so he is very, very dead. He lets out a death cry, alerting his two comrades though, and actual combat begins. the two remaining goblins and Dark sun Roll Intuitive, (1d20+dex mod) rolling 10, 13, and 18 respectively, meaning that darksun goes first, and the other two goblins go second and third. for his turn, Dark sun moves to and attack the goblin nearest himself, who, although he does not have his back turned, is still suprised and not tottally prepared, so only a 13 is needed on Darksuns attack roll, he passes, adds his damage, and kills the goblin. the goblin decides it ok to leave now, and tries to run, however, he is not able to get far enouph from Dark sun before dark sun throws his dagger. he rolls a natural 20, and so regardless of any other modifiers, hits the poor goblin for double his ordinary damage, killing him.

Charecter Creation:
    All Players must do is tell me

Name:
    Profession:
    Bio:
    What they want to be able to do:
    what they want from the game:

and I'll do the work for them. if they want to get into the mechanical aspect, I'll walk them through it.

Forums: I only need a main forum (called Age of the Cataclysm) and one sub forum for charecters, called charecters.

Local moderators: myself, for now.

Players: Myself, Narf, Dark Storm, And Bonez88 thus far