Studies

1. PointOfViewGun
    PointOfViewGun
  2. PointOfViewGun
    PointOfViewGun
    Use this thread to suggest studies that you'd like to see in the opening post.
  3. PointOfViewGun
    PointOfViewGun
    The last one I added (Americans Investigating Anatolia - 1919 Field Notes Of Niles & Sutherland) is very interesting. It involves a report by two Americans in service of The American Committee for Relief in the Near East traveling around Eastern Anatolia.
  4. ROYAL SIPHAI
    Thank you for the links. Very helpful
  5. PointOfViewGun
    PointOfViewGun
    New study on Ottoman Armenian population records added.
  6. Abdülmecid I
    Abdülmecid I
    "Getting away with murder" by Christopher Gunn. The author examines how the Western public reacted to the terrorist campaign of Armenian groups during the Operation Nemesis in the '80s. Although I personally believe that the massacres against the Armenians in 1915 did definitely constitute a genocide, Gunn raises a very interesting point about how an invented story helped the assassin of Talaat Pasha escape justice and justified a bloody terrorist campaign against civilians born long after the collapse of the Ottoman Empire. It's something I noticed in the film "Une histoire de fou", a French movie about a member of the ASALA group. The movie is very old-fashioned and melodramatic, but also glorifies the activities of the ASALA group, including collateral deaths.