Your EU3 Campaign

1. Magister Militum Flavius Aetius
    Magister Militum Flavius Aetius
    Tell about your EU3 campaign here:

For example, I started in 1405 as the Byzantines. In about 5 minutes the Interface was mine, and I figured out how to play, with a few tips from Inarus. So I decided to prey on Tunisia, and sent about 10 units of infantry against them, and my navy. Castille took care of their allies, Granada, for me. I now control Tunisia and am waiting to annex both of their provinces. Sadly though, I was bankrupt by the end of the war. IT's hard to raise troops as byzantium because you constantly need to take loans. Anyways, i have 2 good armies, 8000 men in Greece and 5000 men in Africa.
  2. Inarus
    Inarus
    IT's hard to raise troops as byzantium because you constantly need to take loans.
    No you just need to better manage your economy and not lose units
  3. Pat89
    Pat89
    Also going after Tunisia is probably not the best thing to do. Just focus on getting your cores in Greece and around it. Then eat the Ottomans and continue rampaging throughout the Middle East.

Don't expect to have learned this game in a day (or even a week). It's extremely complex, as you found out already by going bankrupt.

Some tips:
    - EU3 is not a TW game;
    - EU3 is very different than RTW;
    - Unlike in RTW, you can't just blitz around taking stuff without consequences;
    - Don't let your minting slider go to a point where you gain inflation, unless in extreme circumstances. It's normal to make a monthly loss and live on your yearly income (which probably shouldnt be much more than 10 to 20 ducats netto);
    - Only spend money in december to avoid going into the red at the end of the year;
    - Don't take loans;
    - Lower troop upkeep during peacetime;
    - Recruit a master of mint advisor which allows you to mint more without inflation;
    - EU3 is not a TW game.
  4. Magister Militum Flavius Aetius
    Yeah, true, problem is byzantium doesn't have acess to any of that and getting cores in greece is impossible because they're all ottomans or allied with venice, so either way I'll get raped by venice and naples. My troops have +104 morale but theyre very low quality, and it takes like 3 or 4 years to get a single government tech increase.
  5. Magister Militum Flavius Aetius
    I'm gonna restart then, but I can't mint coins. Also, why'd they coose the Ducat? The solidus of Rome was in dominant use until the 16th century
  6. Magister Militum Flavius Aetius
    Well, I was kicking ass as thre Byzantines, managed to get half of greece back from the ottomans, but Steam ed up my internet and now i cant play it anymore because i had to uninstall stem.