Airsoft General Discussion

1. Bolkonsky
    Bolkonsky
    Feel free to discuss all things airsoft related here.
  2. Armatus
    Armatus
    I knew who started this group before I saw who created it
  3. General Custer
    General Custer
    First (And only) real airsoft gun i ever owned was full-metal mp40, used it for a weekend, through my own stupid fault the gearbox get jammed up. So what does stupid me do? Takes apart the gearbox and all the king's hoses and all the king's men could not put it back together again
  4. Bolkonsky
    Bolkonsky
    @Arma,

Regarding the gearbox, yeah...full metal mp40 must have been nice, but opening a gearbox is not a good idea. Most airsoft AEGs are pretty modular, and use a certain type# gearbox, so you can probably find a replacement pretty cheaply if you look.
  5. General Custer
    General Custer
    I did look, and I think its a gearbox type 3. But the cheapest one I found was like 80 dollars
  6. Bolkonsky
    Bolkonsky
    Well since Cyma's come onto the scene, most gearboxes have gotten significantly cheaper. If you still have the weapon, it might be worth looking again.
  7. Armatus
    Armatus
    So I need help, what do I need to get started?
  8. Bolkonsky
    Bolkonsky
    lol, a decent gun, a decent pair of goggles, and some gloves.
  9. Armatus
    Armatus
    well, the gear looks really cool, but the play looks totally devoid of action.

watching some videos right now and I'm about to fall asleep, not hatin' not sayin lazer tag is better or anything, but for as cool as it looks I was expecting more.

maybe some bang and recoil and people diving around and smoke grenades.

as it is I can't even see what people are shooting at, it looks like they're shooting at air.