Thoughts on SOPA BY: Hank Green

1. Dread Pirate Roberts
    Dread Pirate Roberts
    I'm a fan of the Green brothers and this video I really like. It has some great analogies and sums up the problem with SOPA quite well

2. Radboud
    Radboud
    The SOPA act is a huge threat for modders and that is why I'm surprised this group has only 16 members. The sad thing is the Americans arrested a dutch and German idiot, who ran the site of MegaUpload (apparantly they did a great variety of illegal things such as not taking down links with illegal material in it unless if they got a complaint from companies like Warner Bros). The site is now down and I know for sure many modders used the site for hosting downloads of their mods.
  3. Dread Pirate Roberts
    Dread Pirate Roberts
    SOPA is!
    I am personally very angry MegaUpload was taken down, that website was AWESOME for modders.
    At least ModDB is still up. I like that site too =/
    I hate my government sometimes...

If you want spread the word. We could use some new members
  4. Radboud
    Radboud
    Luckily there are plenty of upload sites. I'll see what I can do, I've noticed some of my modding companions have already joined.
  5. Isandlwana
    Isandlwana
    The strange thing was that about two days after megaupload was taken down hotfile removed my mod.
  6. Radboud
    Radboud
    , that is crazy.
  7. Isandlwana
    Isandlwana
    Yeah, I had uploaded it anonymously and maybe it was too many downloads in too short an amount of time (~500 in 3 weeks) that made them suspicious. I wouldn't know any other cause. Also they don't allow anonymous upload since then.
  8. Radboud
    Radboud
    Too bad, it is a great mod for people to download.
  9. Isandlwana
    Isandlwana
    Well, it was up in short time again and being just a small mod I had not much trouble, but I feel that modders who upload really big files should take care a bit where they upload their stuff. But maybe I was just stupid that I included "a Kingdoms mod" in the name.
  10. Dread Pirate Roberts
    Dread Pirate Roberts
    *A super late reply*

Wait, you did the English Civil War mod right? I'm a HUGE fan of that mod!
  11. Isandlwana
    Isandlwana
    No, I made "Isandlwana - Thin Red Line" which is set in the Anglo-Zulu War and deals with the disastrous British defeat at Isandlwana in 1879.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=513357