TWC Paleontology enthusiasts

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. Nikos
    Nikos
    Welcome everyone to the group! I will start the discussion, Do you subscribe to Jack Horner's theory of Tyrannosaurus rex being solely a scavenger? I do not, I feel the fossil record does not sufficiently support this hypothesis.
  2. Templar Hospitaller
    Templar Hospitaller
    I completely agree with you Nikos, I also have to point out that Giganotosaurus is infact my favorite dinosaur. (Bigger than Spinosaurus)
  3. IndianPrince
    IndianPrince
    What are Horner's arguments ? Some sources would be great !
  4. Babur
    Babur
    One of my favourites is this:

5. Nikos
    Nikos
    Here are Horner's arguments and some rebuttals.
    http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/diapsid...osauridae.html

@Chagatai, Yes, C.megalodon is definitely my favorite prehistoric shark.

Also, more evidence of predatory behavior.
    http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Healed...or-a0110737275
  6. Babur
    Babur
    yeah man

Megalodon makes Jaws look as threatening as a dog fish
  7. Nikos
    Nikos
    You know, there may be Megalodon still lurking in the ocean................... I've heard a rumor about a non fossilized Megalodon tooth being found.
  8. Templar Hospitaller
    Templar Hospitaller
    Sharks are my #1 fear. They are fascinating. But I would never ever get near one. My fear is so great that I only go ankle deep in the ocean. If Megalodon were still alive... I wouldn't go near the beach.
  9. Nikos
    Nikos
    You know, it only became extinct 1.5 MYA. In geologic time that's pretty short.
  10. Nikos
    Nikos
    New article coming tomorrow if anyone is interested.
  11. Babur
    Babur
    Look at this guys :

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

12. Nikos
    Nikos
    Incredible, to have been among animals such of those would have been amazing.
  13. Babur
    Babur
    Well I would have been extremely scared to be honest with you
  14. Nikos
    Nikos
    Nah, not if you were at a safe distance!
  15. IndianPrince
    IndianPrince
    I still remember watching Jurassic Park, and the scene of the Brachiosaur completely AMAZED me and everytime i watch it, it STILL does. Watching such a creature in person, would be so humbling ... just to watch a creature of such transcendant awe in front of u ... alive ! Its genetic potential at its largest ^_^
  16. IndianPrince
    IndianPrince
    A bit too poetic perhaps ?
  17. Qarama
    Qarama
    My fav. Dino since my childhood

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Velociraptor Mongoliensis.
  18. Nikos
    Nikos
    Nah prince, I got that feeling too.
    Velociraptor is an awesome example of Dromaeosauria, though I like Utahraptor better.
  19. Babur
    Babur
    well some paleontologists propose that birds should be re-classified as dinosaurs .
  20. IndianPrince
    IndianPrince
    Well, just the other day, i was sketching a bird during my bio class the other day, because well we're learning about population dynamics ... eww !

anyways ... so my friend leaned over and looked at it and said, r u drawing a dino ? And it just struck me how similar anatomically they are !!!

But a classification of the aves may sound absurd, but if you look at it, it is true. I mean we call ourselves apes ... isn't it something like that ?
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast