I hate Israel, but I dont think it should be 'removed from the map'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Da Trooper
    Da Trooper
    Now I think that ever since 1967 Israel has shown itself to be compeltely and utterly wrong in almost every situation. However this doesn't mean they are the only force doing wrong in thew region. Hamas and Hezbollah have considerable pasts they themselves need to answer for. With this being said, whilst I think Israel is clearly and almost entirely in the wrong, it still has the right to exist - just as the Palestinians do with their own state. Perhaps the initial creation of Israel was weird and stupid, I wouldn't have much to protest on that comment, but today a nation does exist, with its own people, culture and government and this means Israel should still be left to crowd the maps of the region. I'm sure others here would agree with me.
  2. garudamon11
    garudamon11
    Israel is the Rhodeisa of the middle east, its a part of the colonial past and should be removed, Israel considers itself a jewish country eventhough jews are not a race because not all of them speak the same language, this whole "jews are a race" thing is made to create a legal claim for Israel to this land but it fails to convince me and Im sure it fails to convince any arab who was hurt directly or indirectly by Israel and her allies
  3. Da Trooper
    Da Trooper
    "Israel is the Rhodeisa of the middle east, its a part of the colonial past and should be removed"
    Well no. Australia is part of the "colonial past" but it shouldn't be removed. There is no reason, now, for Israel to be removed. I could understand protest when Israel was created, but today there is an actual nation there and for that reason Israel should be left with the right to exist.
    Israel considers itself a jewish country eventhough jews are not a race because not all of them speak the same language, this whole "jews are a race" thing is made to create a legal claim for Israel to this land
    Well I agree with you here. Being a 'jew' is not a race - that's like a Catholic saying there are part of a race - complete bs. However once again whilst I agree this is no basis to create a state, Israel now, at this point in time, has a valid claim to maintain itself as an independent state.
    but it fails to convince me and Im sure it fails to convince any arab who was hurt directly or indirectly by Israel and her allies
    I can certainly understand anger about Israel, its past and current policies in the region, but at the same time, I think Arabs could still find it in themselves to recognize Israel and get alone with it as an independent nation - it of course requires Israel to curb its extensive trend of immoral and illegal action.
  4. Berbers of the Riffian
    Berbers of the Riffian
    Isreal does have a right to be a country but the way the treat their neighbours i dont think arabs will let them be a country.
    On the other Yes they are an old country so do have the right to a nation.
  5. Treize
    Treize
    A Jewish nation state in a land with nine native nations is rediculous. There can be not nation state in Palestine without being an apartheid state.
  6. Berbers of the Riffian
    Berbers of the Riffian
    As i said you can't take away isreal just like that, Isreal is a historicall country whitch deservs to be here,
    They made a lot of errors But still thats like The united kingdom.
  7. Treize
    Treize
    Palestine for the Palestinians.
    Israel is not a historical country. It exists since 1948, squatting on the land of the Palestinians (causing over 90 years of Palestinian suffering).
  8. Berbers of the Riffian
    Berbers of the Riffian
    I understand that palestine is suffering But Isreal Is historicall Because King david Obeyed God and God gave him Isreal and the Holy city of Jerusalem,
    Yes i agree Palestine of the People of palestine But Just Kick out the current isreal Leaders And put on somone who is Good then Isreal wont be a bad country.
  9. Treize
    Treize
    Diet-Zionism

Nonsense that happened two/three thousand years ago cannot justify anything today.
  10. Treize
    Treize
    I am an agnost.

What I say is that Israel is the worlds last colony and a racist ethnocratic apartheidstate, founded by invasive immigrants guilty of ethnic cleansing and land stealing legitimized by the West (and SU) because of the Holocaust and the Holocaust only.

It should instead become a state for all its citizens and that means new non-biased symbolism. So a new name that is not torn straight from the hebrew bible, a new non-biased flag, a new anthem that does not revolve around colonising other peoples land and a new coat of arms.
  11. kesa82
    kesa82
    I'm a devout Catholic --- and do correct me if I'm wrong, Saladin made a deal allowing free access to the holy sites , and even settlement ---under Islamic rule ---and it was honored for 500 years .

What changed ? Brute force. So Israel can disband freely and peacefully, or by force. And not "if", or "whether". They will.
    I like the Rhodesia comparison, I like the Al Capone comparison better. A gangster with good press. Like any gangster its going to get knifed eventually.

They've been elbowing us out of Palestine since 1969 , I guess around the time they figured out that American Protestants were so bent on kissing their asses they wouldn't notice when Palestinians Christians got a screwing too. Really, I just want ANYONE BUT THEM to get the Temple mound.

On second thought, no Jerusalem either. Their own book calls it a Jebusite city taken in violation of Gods order to kill them all. That is, their own book does not include Jerusalem.
  12. Treize
    Treize
    Ah I see that people like Americans, Australians, Canadians etcetera do not dare to critisise the legitimacy of Israel because they think that if they do that they also remove their own legitimacy. Which is nonsense. America, Australia and Canada are not racist apartheid states that treat citizens differently based on their ethnic background , they don't ban parties that want to get rid of the state's whiteness/Jewishness/germanicness, that happened a very long time ago while there are still Palestinians that own the keys to their (demolished) house and the USA/Canada/Australia don't have symbolism (flag, anthem etcetera) that are biased towards the dominant group of self rightious white settlers.
  13. Berbers of the Riffian
    Berbers of the Riffian
    So keep isreal a country but give isreal a proper and good leader wins!
  14. Treize
    Treize
    No.

Palestine for the Palestinians. And that includes Jews.
  15. Treize
    Treize
  16. fd7s
    fd7s
    israel shouldnt exist as israel it should be palastine which it really is, israel is a fake state they couldnt live in peace with the palastinains so they stole their land.
  17. SufianBabri
    SufianBabri
    Naom Chomsky on Israel's terrorism:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Yvonne Ridley's short speech:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

18. Ussaid the Hashshashin
    Ussaid the Hashshashin
    Does you people have forgeted the crusades?
    so that land is always going to be the center of warfare!
  19. Fallenempire
    Fallenempire
    IM not so anti isreal as much as i am pro Palestine. a usual pro isreali argement is that the jews have a natural claim to isreal and the Palestinians are a made up people(which is a disgusting dehumanizing argument) , personally im an atheist but if people are going to bring up ancient history you should know that the philistines mentioned in the bible are the ancestors of th modern Palestinians and since jews conquered thier land to set up isreal.So by pro isreali supporters standards that would mean that the Palestinian have more claim to live there than the jews do. Google syro-Palestinian history if your interested in that kinda crap, i dont think it what happened a couple thousand years ago should affect today conflicts but history disproves that argument anyways.
  20. Fallenempire
    Fallenempire
    Personally i think the Israel, Palestinian debate is not about religion,ancient history, or the holocaust or whatever other irrelevant crap people bring up. I think its about human rights, collective punishment and the right of return,its about ethnic cleansing and dehumanization, its about imperialism and brute force, its about chemical warfare and refugees.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast