1) 7.5/10
    2) 5/10
    3) 9/10
    4) 6/10
    5) 4/10

3. theatroN
    theatroN
    I agree with some of them..

You should post your fav DnB tracks here then. For me Netsky is the beast of DnB production.
  4. .Mitch.
    .Mitch.
    I wouldn't just say I was into 1 area of DnB though.

Infact, I made a top 10 agesssss ago. I'll post that. But my taste has changed a bit lately.

5. theatroN
    theatroN
    Great track list mate!! Really liked the last one. 9/10
  6. cpdwane
    cpdwane
    Ah, I was waiting for a dubstep group to appear!

My favourites are Skream and Benga (get their albums if you don't own already) , although I like others including Rusko and caspa (depends on the song though) and Jakwob. I'm more into dubstep with strong drumbeats and a good rythem, and as a result I dislike the recent stuff that is over- focused on being as dirty as it can possibly be , without anything else to it, althoughit depends very much on the song. Plus I can't stand Mt Eden.

But anyway, here's my favourites:

Skream- wibbler

Skream - Finally (Feat. La Roux)

Skream - Blue eyez (this guy is the god of dubstep!)

Benga - Crunked up

Benga - The cut

Jakwob - fire

M.I.A - Pull Up The People (Jakwob Remix)

Noisia and Spor rule modern DnB BTW.
  7. cpdwane
    cpdwane
    This is very good as well:
    Skream- Fick

8. .Mitch.
    .Mitch.
    Don't like it in all honesty =/ lol
  9. theatroN
    theatroN
    Haven't posted here in ages, sorry folks, but I got a 3 pointer infraction which took away my ability to visit social groups and leave visitor messages. That expired now though.

Gotta say that I'm not a huge fan of Skream myself though he is one of the founders of dubstep.

Some sick tracks I've found recently:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Also released my own "mix" of my fav chill dubstep songs:
  10. cpdwane
    cpdwane
    I quite liked those last two songs you posted, but otherwise I'm not so keen on the others. I guess it's because I like the sparser kind of dubstep that people like skream and caspa produce, rather then that kind of "liquid" dubstep where all the sounds kind of blur together. I like liquid DnB (aka netsky) but I'm not so keen when it's used on dubstep. For me the thing that makes dubstep is the space that you feel between the drumbeats, and I think if you stick too much sound in between it kind of ruins it for me, but it's kind of hard to describe I guess.

The other kind of dubstep I like alot is dub and reggae influenced dubstep (very good to relax to):

11. .Mitch.
    .Mitch.
    Not posted here in a while, I'm listening to these two godly tracks atm, they're ing beastly.

12. cpdwane
    cpdwane
    I quite liked the first one (too much buzzsaw bass though ), but the second one was incredibly overworked. You couldn't follow anything discernable, nothing to nod your head to. Oh well, I guess we just listen to two compeltely opposite aspects of the dubstep genre.

I just put what I reckon is an absolutely amazing song on my profile, Konflict by Kromestar.
  13. .Mitch.
    .Mitch.
    I just listening to that Konflict by Kromestar lol, I'd definatly say three different styles of Dubstep going on here.

Your taste seems way too 'reggae' for my liking, nothing seems to happen in the songs.

Theatron taste seems to be very liquid.

I'm more about the ... idk what the word is.. the hardcore stuff.
  14. cpdwane
    cpdwane
    The trouble with dubstep is, there's no really clearly definable subgenres, partly because it's such a young genre, and partly because there's been a concerted effort by dubstep producers to keep the genre from falling apart into subgenres, like say DnB has.

The only "rift" in dubstep styles you hear commonly talked about is that between the original "classic" dubstep sound which you hear from producers like Skream, Kromestar, Digtal Mystikz, Mala and Loefa, which often contain low frequency sub bass and heavy drum kicks as well as subtle wobbles (what I listen to, basically), and "Brostep" whcih is basically all of the less sophisticated, wobble-obsessed stuff you tend to get from Excision, Datsik and Boregore and the more recent Rusko and Caspa releases.

Having said that, I think this definition's pretty out of date, especially seen as some of the dubstep originators like Skream have changed styles enormously over the years, plus, stuff like liquid dubstep and Burial (if he's even dubstep) don't fit into this definition at all. Also, if the comments section on youtube videos is anything to go by, Brostep's become a term used by oldskool dubstep fanatics to describe any of the more modern dubstep they don't like and think is ruining the genre.

I think that at the end of the day, it just goes to show how diverse, fresh and free spirited a genre dubstep is, which can only be a good thing. Every producer's different. And after all, the last thing we want is for dubstep to become as sub divided as Metal is
    But that doesn't mean I won't hate on the stuff I don't like

Here's a slightly heavier Kromestar song:

15. cpdwane
    cpdwane
    I'm bored

Killer remix.
  16. .Mitch.
    .Mitch.
    lol! Pretty good.

I love almost anything Noisia puts out though.
  17. Irishguy
    Irishguy

18. cpdwane
    cpdwane
    Nope, sorry. Too much poppy synthy stuff at the beginning, and the wobble's overdone. There's no soouul, man. Ya'know what I is sayin'

It's kind of weird how I can listen to just about any DnB, no matter how heavy, modern sounding or overloaded with synths it is (ie: Noisia and Spor), and yet I can't stand the equivalent styles of dubstep. But then anything sounds nice with a nice fast breakbeat behind it, as that Sweet Dreams remix attests to