Favorite Unit

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Peter_Lorre
    Peter_Lorre
    There are many units in the Age of Empires series, but which is your absolute favorite?
  2. Peter_Lorre
    Peter_Lorre
    I would say mine is the Mongol Mangudai in Age Of Kings because they are so versatile and powerful. They fire so darn fast. It is easy to attack multiple targets with them.
  3. Tia
    Tia
    Roman slingers in AoE RoR, weak but fast to build.
  4. Peter_Lorre
    Peter_Lorre
    The Slingers are also very good against towers.
  5. Dan the Man
    Dan the Man
    AoE I = Legion: Almost as powerful as a Centurion, and much faster.
    AoE II = Tie between Teutonic Knight and Byzantine Cataphract: Both are nearly unmatched in their class.
    AoE III = Musketeers, for their overall versatility, Oprichniks, for their excellence as raiding cavalry, and Sioux Rifle Riders for their ability to take out heavy infantry. Pretty awesome attribute to see in a cavalry unit.
  6. Visorslash
    Visorslash
    Teutonic Knights. 'Nuff said.
  7. Miroslav Klose
    Miroslav Klose
    AOE I: the Legions when playing Choson(or was it another faction) for they get a massive +hp bonus
    AOE II: English Longbowmen, their range and strength is great, Cho-ku-nu for they shoot tons of arrows and destroy everything when used well and ofcourse the indestructable Teutonic Knight
    AOM : Myth units own everything Atlantian units like the guy with the two swords ( a Fanatic, I thought)
    AOE III, musketeers, very all rounded, very strongh especially when you play the English.
  8. Michael333
    Michael333
    AoE1: Legionary
    AoE2: Elephant
    AoE3: Aztec and Mayan units, Elmeti (My Age of Empires is in Italian, I don't know if Elmeti is the unit name even in the english version)
  9. Dan the Man
    Dan the Man
    Elmeti do exist, they're mercenaries.
  10. Babri
    Babri
    Mongol Mangudai are simply the best. They fire sooo fast !
  11. Maxent
    Maxent
    in AoE1 legionaries

In AoE2 Mungadai and longbowmen - nothing can get within touching distance of them

And Tuatonic knights - you could touch them,you just wouldn`t damage them
  12. Peter_Lorre
    Peter_Lorre
    I really liked the elephant archers of AOE because their hit points are sooo good, as well as their attack. They are pretty much mobile towers. If you see them coming down from the hills, you had better run!
  13. Eärnur
    Eärnur
    AoE 1: Legionary
    AoE 11: Cataphract
    AoE 111: Hussar
  14. Baywatch
    Baywatch
    AOE: I'll go with popular opinion on this one and say the Legion was a great infantry unit.
    AOK: The name escapes me but, the Hun's unique unit was really good (Tarkan or something along those lines?). Having a cavalry unit act as a siege weapon was great.
    AOM: The Fanatic for being able to counter almost anything and look darn good while doing it.
    AOE III: The German Uhlan (sp?) for being able to field more of them than you even know what to do with, whether you like it or not.
  15. Prince of Darkness
    Prince of Darkness
    AOE: Chariot Archers. Dunno why, but I love using them to hit and run. With good micro nothing can hit you.
    AOK: Teutonic Knights. But I hate using them against archers. Longbowmen are nice, too.
    AOEIII: French Cuirassiers. German Uhlans. Mamelukes.
  16. Holy Babylon
    Holy Babylon
    My favorite unit is the Huskarl, just because he's cheaper than the other special units in the game and he is impervious to arrows. At the same time, I have to say that the Teutonic Knight is the best unit in the game when it comes to power.
  17. Mataputas
    Mataputas
    I love Mamluks in AoE II Conquerors... when upgraded to elite and with the Saracens' unique technology, they can kill anything (perhaps not a whole army of teutonic knights )
  18. Dave Strider
    Dave Strider
    AOE 3: Skirmishers. Long range and high firepower > low hitpoints.
  19. NikolaTesla
    NikolaTesla
    AOEII: Korean War Wagons. THey're just so lulzy.
    AOEIII: Janissary, Great unit overall, and pretty cheap. Once you get that one upgrade were they can build barracks, you can pretty easily just build a few outside an enemies town and span them. The Great Bombard is a close second.
  20. Haršurāšaz
    Haršurāšaz
    AOE 2

Infantry: Berserk
    Cavalry: Mangudai
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast