Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Genava
    Genava
    Here you can speak about anything

Don't spam the others subjects
  2. Copperknickers II
    Copperknickers II
    Hello

The blood of Celtic warriors flows in my veins (Welsh, Scottish and Irish to be exact).

What interests me most is Celtic mythology and Scottish folklore. Plus the glorious history of my native Scotland.

Alba gu brath!
  3. Genava
    Genava
    Nice, the celtic mythology is very interesting. I will buy a new french book on the subject, now I'm reading Cůchulainn.

I hope you will like this group, proud Scottish man
  4. Aernuss
    Aernuss
    Cúchullain? What is the title? I red one from jean markal, if I'm not mistaken, based on the original texts, which was awesome!
  5. Genava
    Genava
    I read "Cűchulainn, héros légendaire d'Irlande" by Georges Roth. I think Jean Markal is more a romancer than a historian If the book is only the history of Cuchulainn, I think the text is right. If the author gives his point of view... aouch!
  6. absinthia
    absinthia
    well, this is excellent.
    i am modeling/skinnings some celts, britons and irish to be exact, the time span is from about 300 bc. to 200 ad.
    any pointer towards what type of gear they most certainly used and what they did not, would be much helpful.
  7. gustave
    gustave
    Merci pour toutes ces images ! Si tu en as d'autres concernant les celtes d'Angleterre je suis preneur !
  8. Genava
    Genava
    Thanks absinthia and Welcome. You can ask me for some questions on the threads.
    Salut gustave, je vais essayer de faire un fil sur les celtes d'Angleterre.
    Je viens de rajouter un sujet sur les casques et armures.
    I have open a thread on the helmets and armors.
  9. Aernuss
    Aernuss
    About jean markal, yes, is true, but this is a 3 volumes work that is very true to the original texts, as they were writen by the irish monks, but I wouldn't recommend any other book from him.
    Thanks for the link to e-keltoi, I know that since the 3th or 4th issue, it is a great work indeed!
  10. absinthia
    absinthia
    hm, i think i will get back to you with some modeled and skinned helmets.
  11. Aernuss
    Aernuss
    Guys, have you seen the boii preview for EB2? Well, that's really something...
  12. samurai89
    samurai89
    Yep, its awesome! I love the Volcae Axemen.
  13. cocobongoclub-DJ
    cocobongoclub-DJ
    Hi there, that group was to be made, for all the lovers of the celtic culture... Great to be in. It's lack only some music, but with some eluveitie in the background... RS2 boians are impressive, but with the timeframe they choose, the tactics and diversity of warriors were somewhat lower, the best period to portaying them i think are between the IV and III centuries bc...
  14. cocobongoclub-DJ
    cocobongoclub-DJ
    Gosh ! I just saw EB2 Boians, you were right, they are awesome (although the horsmen are not shown yet ?). However, this is one the best depiction so far..
  15. Theodotos I
    Theodotos I
    The Celts were the subject of my first published novel. And yes, I trace faint veins of Celtic blood through my family tree.
  16. PhilipO'Hayda
    PhilipO'Hayda
    Well am Irish so Celtic blood can easly be found in my family.
  17. Imperial Eagle
    Imperial Eagle
    I probably have a small bit of Celt in me (probably about 5% ), which would be native Briton. About 70% of my ancestry is Anglian, so I guessed that about that much would remain of interbreeding with native Celts. But I'm almost fully Germanic nonetheless.
  18. PhilipO'Hayda
    PhilipO'Hayda
    Hey Genava any work on Irish Celtic Hisorty being done? Ind love the read, thanks
  19. Vercingetorix King of Gauls
    Vercingetorix King of Gauls
    Good afternoon, brave Celts! I live in Serbia, but I really like Celts, especialy Gauls
    Anyone wants beer?
  20. PhilipO'Hayda
    PhilipO'Hayda
    Yep! I love seem! Vercingetorix. I love the Celts in Ireland the most.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast