Temporary Solutions

1. Hilarion
    Hilarion
    Alright, so there are a couple of temporary solutions. The button fix (see this thread) at least allows the campaign to be played. You can also try a few other solutions here if you're getting CTD's.

Alternatively, you could buy an older computer, though this is far from ideal. In the meantime be sure to send an email concerning the problem to Nvidia and/or CA: not that they don't already know about it, but the more people who report the problem the greater the likelihood that they will take the initiative to fix it. Be sure to tell your friends to do the same.

If anyone else has other ideas, feel free to post them here!
  2. uk_john
    uk_john
    I could never get the battles to work on my 8600 NVidia card and posted messages at NVidia, SEGA and Creative Assembly, all to no avail. Recently I changed to ATI because of my memories of trying to get this and other 5+ year old games to work and the ever more lack of backward compatibility with Nvidia drivers. I had forgotten to try Medieval TW on my new ATI system and this group invitation has reminded me to try it out and see what happens. I will report back in the next couple of days and let you know...!
  3. Primus Silvius Leoninus
    Primus Silvius Leoninus
    I bought the Anthology edition recently - all games + expansions Shogun to Empire - and was mighty p****d to discover my Nvidia 9500 wouldn't play STW and MTW. My solution: by great good fortune, one of my children asked me how to dispose of (environmentally) an old DELL 4400, long since superseded. Cleaned it up, noted it had been upgraded with 1GB RAM and a Radeon X-700 graphics card. Runs XP. Only downside lack of USB 2.0 But STW and MW work beautifully. Way to go!
  4. cpdwane
    cpdwane
    Will Medieval Total War work with a NVidia 8200 card?
  5. Hilarion
    Hilarion
    Probably not, unfortunately (hence the creation of this group !).
  6. Turkeys!
    Turkeys!
    So do ATI cards such as the 4890 share this problem?
  7. Lord Uxbridge
    Lord Uxbridge
    RTW is starting to run too fast for me too the soldiers run as fast as cavalry and the cavalry can move across the map in seconds. I remember the good times of MTW
  8. Grand Admiral Thrawn
    Grand Admiral Thrawn
    Not to make too much hope BUT yesterday I've changed my GF 8600 to GFX 460 and installed the latest nvidia drivers from January and today I though what the hell I'll give it a try and installed Shogun TW (the game I could play succesfully 5-6 years ago back in the times I had GF 2MX and older drivers) and it RUN with noooo problems at all; no CTD, no inability to choose and move the units during the battle - just perfect enjoyment. I haven't yet installed Medieval but I'll report to you guys/girls ASAP. Is it possible that the most modern nvidia graphics cards and their drivers were somehow 'upgraded' to work with older games?
  9. Grand Admiral Thrawn
    Grand Admiral Thrawn
    Medieval Total War works perfect. I don't know why to be hoest but right now I don't care. I just played few custom battles and they worked great (there was some lag but what the hell). As with Shogun I've enabled the compatibility mode and chose win98 (just in case). It appears that nvidia had finally managed to cope with our problem.