Presentation of the new members

1. Genava
    Genava
    Suauellos Celt! (Hello)

Here you can write a short presentation of you and of your admiration for the Celts.

I present myself.
    I'm 19 years old, I'm student in biochemistry in Geneva and I have a great passion for the Celtic civilisation. I like read some books on the others civilisations too. In general I write little because I am not gifted in English. I am accustomed to writing much in French but in English I must take much more time.

I spent too much money in several books and here my bibliography on the Celts:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Le monde celtique (The Celtic world), by Patrick Galliou.
    Guerre et armement chez les Gaulois (War and armament among the Gauls), by Jean-Louis Brunaux.
    Les Gaulois en guerre (The Gauls in war), by Alain Deyber.
    Le guerrier gaulois (The Gallic warrior), by Franck Mathieu.
    Le guerrier celte (The Celtic warrior), by Stephen Allen.
    Dictionnaire de la langue gauloise (Gallic Dictionnary), by Xavier Delamarre.
    La langue gauloise (The Gaulish language), by Pierre-Yves Lambert.
    La civilisation celtique (The Celtic civilization), by C.-J. Guyonvarc'h.
    Les Gaulois (The Gauls), by Jean-Louis Brunaux.
    Le commerce dans l'antiquité: La Gaule et ses voisins (The trade in the antiquity: The Gaul and her neighbours), by Barry Cunliffe.
    L'armement celtique en Europe, chronologie de son évolution (The Celtic armament in Europa, chronology of his evolution), by André Rapin.
    Armes et techniques de combat des Gaulois au 1er siècle av J.-C (Weapons and martial technique of the Gauls at the first century BC), by Jean-Louis Brethenoux.
    César et la Gaule (Caesar and the Gaul), by Christian Goudineau.
    L'art des Celtes (The Celtic art), by the museum of Berne.
    Les druides, des philosophes chez les barbares (The Druids, philosophs among the barbarians), by Jean-Louis Brunaux
    Dossier Vercingétorix (Vercingetorix folder/file), by Christian Goudineau.

And the two historical comic books giving a good synthesis of the historian work in France:
    Le casque d'Agris 1: Le sanctuaire interdit (The helmet of Agris: The forbidden sanctuary), with Christian Goudineau and several historians and with Jean-Claude Le Blay as Archeozoologist.
    Le casque d'Agris 2: L'or des Sénons (The helmet of Agris: The Gold of the Senones), with Jean-Louis Brunaux as mainly historian.
  2. PhilipO'Hayda
    PhilipO'Hayda
    hello am Philip Hayes
    am just out of my teens
    doing acting and Directoring for Theatre
    I love writing plays and am writing a play on Cú Chulainn right now
    I went to Learn more about the Celts in Ireland.
  3. Aernuss
    Aernuss
    Greetings
    I have 33 years old, a degree in history and I am from northern portugal (and I love bear and wine, and probably would love mead, if I could taste it). I fell in love with celtic imaginary when I was a young teenager, and since then I tried to deepen my scientific knowledge about those peoples, mainly the singularity of the hispanic celts. I loved the content of this group, you have put very interesting information here.
    If you agree, I would like a lot to start a discussion in the subject that is still, in my opinion, the most interesting and urgent: Who were the "celts"? I mean, due to the incoherence of the archeological, literary and linguistical evidence, who can we consider (in the ancient world, of course) as "celt" and who we cannot? And under what criteria? If you find interesting to argue about this, well, start a thread, or let me know of your agreement.
  4. Genava
    Genava
    Hello philipOhayda and Aernuss!

northern portugal
    My girlfriend is originary of Leiria in Portugal
    I loved the content of this group, you have put very interesting information here.
    Thanks, I made this group to help the passionates. It's cool to see it's appreciate.
    If you agree, I would like a lot to start a discussion in the subject that is still, in my opinion, the most interesting and urgent: Who were the "celts"? I mean, due to the incoherence of the archeological, literary and linguistical evidence, who can we consider (in the ancient world, of course) as "celt" and who we cannot? And under what criteria? If you find interesting to argue about this, well, start a thread, or let me know of your agreement.
    Yes you can start this thread. It will be interesting !

I love writing plays and am writing a play on Cú Chulainn right now
    I went to Learn more about the Celts in Ireland.
    Nice, Have you a question on the Celtic Irish? A period preferred?
  5. leozwartenkot
    leozwartenkot
    hallo guys
    i am leo from the netherlands
    i am 32 and i am a soldier in the dutch army
    i am grazy about celts ever since i was a kid
    i cant explain it
    it is just that there whole way of life is interesting
  6. TheXand
    I'm TheXand, and I just love everything about the Celts, something about them that's really romantic and appealing.
  7. Genava
    Genava
    Hello leozwartenkot,
    I think you will like this group, there are some pictures in the thread "Pictures Gallery".

Hello TheXand,
    I understand your feeling
  8. Genava
    Genava
    Yesterday, It was my birthday I'm 20 years old now.
  9. sinner
    sinner
    As for me am 27 from Beirut, my admiration of the celts began silly enough with Asterix . the revival of that interest was while playing the celtic factions in EB, truly amazing work.

P.S: Happy birthday Genava.
  10. viotage
    viotage
    hello,

genava, i saw a post of yours on the eluveitie forum and thought this sounded very interesting. so i am glad i joined.

i am 27, from usa...i live just a couple hours from chicago...actually right in the middle between chicago and st. louis. good for concerts in either direction!

i am interesting in all kinds of history and different cultures, but i am really drawn to celtic history and music. i play violin, different styles, but love metal and i also have a celtic acoustic project going right now. a friend and i are actually trying to put together a concept album... and the entire thing is about specific celtic events. i will wait until he joins here, hes always paranoid about me sharing too much information, and i am trying to organize the music aspect of this, and he is actually writing the material, so i wouldnt want to spoil his story. but i thought this forum would be great for research!

theres all kinds of stuff to tell, but mostly i just enjoy being creative. if you would like to know more about me, myspace.com/viotage

nice to meet everyone!
  11. PSYCHO V
    PSYCHO V
    Gday all,

Long time Keltoi-phile. Worked on EB previously trying to do them justice.

Genava, you French!? Have seen anything published on the find in Naves (Sept 2004). I've lost contact with my source at Inrap and haven't been able to find anything... and I suck at French.

my2bob
  12. Genava
    Genava
    Hi, I'm french-speaking but I'm Swiss. I know the Tintignac-Naves discoveries but I haven't the book. Two links in french:
    http://archeo-tintignac.over-blog.com/
    http://encyclopedie.arbre-celtique.c...quet-10188.htm
  13. PhilipO'Hayda
    PhilipO'Hayda
    Not right now! but I will, thanks anyway!
  14. EirePolska
    EirePolska
    Hey, I'm 20yrs old from the USA and I'm currently majoring in English Literature, Theology, Latin and Medieval Studies in a Jesuit University. I'm sort of a medieval nut
  15. Vercingetorix King of Gauls
    Vercingetorix King of Gauls
    Hi, guys! I am 15, and I live in Serbia. I love Celts, especialy Gauls
  16. PhilipO'Hayda
    PhilipO'Hayda
    Hey Vercingetorix and EirePolska. how are you guys?
  17. Lugh Lamhfada
    Lugh Lamhfada
    Conas ata tu!

Im Lugh Lamhfada, which means lugh of the long arms(lug in Gaul, or Lleu in Cymru)
    Im Irish, im a development worker by day, and history fanatic at heart.

Im also a fervent anti imperialist, like so many celts throughout history whether it be romans or english, they have all had to suffer at the hands of the celtic ambush!