View RSS Feed

Shankbot de Bodemloze

Of Souls - Behind the Scenes: Introduction

Rating: 6 votes, 2.33 average.

Welcome to my blog I guess, this is my first one so go easy on me. I think it is a great new feature of TWC, and as I have now have the ability to create one I thought I'd go ahead and make some us of it. I've been thinking about a range of topics I could cover, and as it is mainly a way to keep writing whilst I procrastinate writing actual updates to my creative writing work here on TWC, I finally decided to settle on a blog that explains in more detail the world that my serial Of Souls is set on, as well as adding my own thoughts on the chapters and how they were created.

I feel I should point out that this blog will be filled with spoilers, and in many instances will deconstruct the world of Of Souls and the chapters I have written. Consequently, if you think you might be interested in reading my story then I can only warn you to proceed at your own risk - or read my story first and then come back and give the blog a glance over! I would much prefer the latter, new readers are always appreciated by writers here on TWC. :D

For those of you who have already read my story, I hope you enjoy this and it provides more insight into my work. It shouldn't spoil too much about what will happen in future chapters, which I promise I will get round to writing at some point, but it will give you more detail about the world than is present in the story itself.

I have about 13 chapters already written so that is 13 blog posts I have material to cover after this one. After that, well I'm hoping my story will have been updated by then so I'll have newer material to cover. New blog posts will probably be every couple of days, but that is by no means a hard and fast rule.

That's my introduction out the way I guess, I hope you enjoy this blog and the content that will be posted, I can't wait (selfishily perhaps!) to share more about this world I have begun to create. If you have any comments then please post them in the comments section below. :)

Next update will be looking at how I started to create the world and the major inspirations behind it. If that doesn't cover enough then I'll go over the Prologue and explain a bit more behind it and my own thoughts on it. Until next time. :bow:

EDIT: Probably best to actually include a link to my story for those who are interested. :P

Updated March 20, 2016 at 06:10 PM by Shankbot de Bodemloze

Categories
Creative Writing

Comments

Looks promising Shank, I always love a good behind the scenes. I liked when Robin did it for [I]Takeda[/I] and when Radzeer did it for his AARs. Can't wait to see more inside the world of [I]Of Souls[/I]​.
    Cheers Merchant. :)

I doubt my updates will match the size of their own, I remember one of Radzeers being an AAR unto itself. :P
    Updated March 21, 2016 at 11:49 AM by Shankbot de Bodemloze
    Good idea, great start!
    Sounds great! [Gets out notebook, digs around to find a pen that actually writes, and prepares to take notes on How It Should Be Done...]
    How it should not be done more like. :laughter:
    [URL="http://www.twcenter.net/forums/entry.php?82-Of-Souls-Behind-the-Scenes-In-the-beginning"]Blog post #2 is now live[/URL].