View RSS Feed

Lifthrasir

GW's Monthly Competitions - Results and News!!!

Rating: 4 votes, 1.00 average.
Miss GW - December 2015

Good day TWC Fellows!!!

There was a time, not long ago, when the Graphic Workshop and its GW's Monthly Competitons were very popular to say the least. The oldest members probably remember that :tongue:

A bit of history for the new comers: the GWC, short for Graphic Workshop Competition, was a weekly run picture competition in the Graphics Workshop. The competition was originally restricted to signature size pictures although some themes allowed bigger sizes. The GWC also had a few special large art competitions per year.
As we all know, the GWC had been struggling with a decline in interest and participation by the past. The one started by Radboud on may 11, 2014 did not get one single submission and was canceled.
Since last summer, we are trying to bring the GWC back to its former glory days, on a monthly basis for now. Things aren't perfectly organized for now but we're doing our best to improve them :whistling

So here I am, to give you a regular (I hope) update about the GWC's. I'll do my best to make one update per GWC. Exceptionally, I'll talk about several of them here today.

Now, back in business!!!

The GW Monthly Competition #219 had the Super Heroes as theme. Surprisingly, the amount of submissions was quite high (8 submissions). That was very encouraging.
The winners were Polymorphic (1st place), bourbon vanilla, y2day, Captain Jupiter (who shared the 2nd place) and KDK (3rd place). They earned respectively 15, 10 and 5 rep points. Congratulations to them and also to all competitors. The annonucement can be found here.

The GWC Monthly Competition #220 had Halloween as theme (last November). There weren't many competitors, only 3 submissions, despite the extension of the submission period. The votes are now closed and the official announcement for the winners should be made soon. Vote results can be found here.

The GWC Monthly Competiton #221 is now open for submissions. The theme is Santa Claus because of this period of the year. But any submission should show him (and/or his opposite Father Whipper or Boggeyman; you know, for the bad kids :tongue:) out of context. For instance, it can be showed lost in the desert, asking for his way to a camel. The relevant thread can be found here.
For discussion and question, you can post here and/or here.
I know that people are more focused on Xmas' stuff and New Year's party but I hope we can gather enough submissions.
Don't be shy, join in!!! :bigboss:
PS: Note that my "Santa secretaries" are not included in the prices :nope:

That's all for now and many thanks for your attention.

Updated February 27, 2016 at 06:36 PM by Lifthrasir

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Itd be great if this got up and running again!
    That's the purpose of this blog. I hope to be able to promote the GC's by doing this and so, to get more submissions, more votes... Basically more people interested ;)
    Fingers crossed :tongue:
    Updated December 10, 2015 at 02:16 AM by Lifthrasir
    Good to see the GCs back again; I'm a terrible artist (can you believe? ), but I will surely vote on the next ones as I used to do in the past
    Thanks Flinn. That's great :thumbsup2
    Could you supply the links to the pertinent threads in this blog? It might increase your traffic.
    Ok, I've added all the links and make them more visible. Was it what you meant?
    Btw, thanks for your comment :thumbsup2
    Updated December 11, 2015 at 03:06 AM by Lifthrasir
    Exactly what I meant!
    Just a quick message to say that I've posted my submission. I hope that I won't be the only one :whistling
    Today, we've got our 2nd submission. Come on guys, join in!!!
    http://www.deviantart.com/download/1...&ts=1450771184
    Updated December 22, 2015 at 01:54 AM by Lifthrasir
    just don't forget to keep us posted whenever we will be allowed to vote!
    No worries Flinn, I will ;)
    However, I'm thinking to extend the submission period for a week in the hope to get 1 or 2 more competitors ;)