View RSS Feed

TheDarkKnight

Batman's Blog

Rating: 4 votes, 2.75 average.
Well hello Total War Center. I suppose now is the time to bore you with stuff about me. Why not start with stuff about my time here on the site?

I actually found this site and Total War in general quite by accident after stumbling across a picture of Third Age Total War. After doing some research I found the site, and being a fan of Lord of the Rings I pretty much stayed in that section for months, never really caring about anything else on the site. I could not play it at the time but it was interesting to discuss the movies and books with people, as well as view pictures and videos of the mod. Eventually, and I cannot remember why, I wandered out of that section and discovered what the rest of TWC had to offer.

I honestly do not remember much from the time after that but I started frequenting other sections more while still visiting the Total War sections. Eventually I was able to finally play some of the glorious mods on the site including Third Age, but my interest in those areas slowly dwindled. I found myself wanting to be a part of the site more, and joined the Scriptorium where I worked as a Librarian. Less than a year later I found myself a citizen, and a few months after that a Moderator and a Content Director. For the position of Director I used to run the Picture of the Week and the Review of the Month competitions, but now I am the editor of the Gamer's Gazette.

Outside of my work in Content and Moderating I primarily write on the site. I have written numerous game and movie/tv reviews for both Content and for fun. My long running projects include my reviews for the Assassin's Creed franchise and my assortment of movie and TV show reviews in the Arts section. Outside of reviews, I also have two long running creative writing projects in The Tale of Aron and A House Divided. I have not updated either in some time, though I do plan on returning to them both one day.

Outside of the site I'm a student at a university in the United States where I am in the process of finishing up my Master's degree in History, after which I hope to become a teacher. I play video games a fair amount (though not as much Total War anymore) and I used to run cross country and play the trumpet. Other than that my personal life is pretty boring.

That's pretty much it. I could go into far more details but that would most certainly bore you. Overall, it has been a strange four and a half years on the site, and I hope it will be many more. I'd like to think I have come a long way from basically a lurker in the Third Age boards to a somewhat well known member of the site, and I'd like to continue as such for as long as possible. It's strange to say but the site has been a significant part of my life since joining it, and I honestly do not know what I would do without it at this point.

Updated March 30, 2015 at 03:46 PM by TheDarkKnight

Categories
Life on TWC

Comments

What's your MA area Chris? I always find it amusing how us historians actually end up doing completely different things to our real life specialities on TWC
    You also need to add you are the only person to win the Content Award twice, and back-to-back at that. :cool:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitai de Bodemloze
    What's your MA area Chris? I always find it amusing how us historians actually end up doing completely different things to our real life specialities on TWC
    General history. My interests are honestly too broad.

Quote Originally Posted by Shankbot de Bodemloze
    You also need to add you are the only person to win the Content Award twice, and back-to-back at that.
    I don't consider that very important. It is nice, to be sure, as the site recognizes my contributions, but I think I am more proud of the contributions themselves
    Hey, I am actually doing something in History; the teaching route.
    How you managed to get a MA in General History; I have never seen that offered?.... or maybe I never looked to do that and didn't noticed.
    By general history I mean I never selected a concentration, though if I had it would probably be American or Roman.