View RSS Feed

The Other End of the Quill

Times are a'changing

Rating: 9 votes, 1.89 average.
Ohayou! I'm Hitai, Total War Center's worst writer and most boring member of Content staff. I sense this blog isn't going to be very interesting at all, but thankfully it's far prettier than Aik's, so every cloud!

I used to have another blog here, but I guess now it's better to move over here; if only to help promote the new features GED's been working hard to implement recently.

So, I usually talk about writing, which I find very interesting, since, you know, I'm a writer. Probably best not to go into too much detail here, but I can write a sort of introductory post I guess, to let y'all know who I am, what I do and the general things I'll be blogging about.

I'm currently writing a Shogun 2 after action report entitled Yokai, which is heaps of fun to write, although not that pleasant to read from what I've been told. It's a kind of spooky supernatural tale set during the Fall of the Samurai timeframe. Expect ghosts, demons and loads of funky stuff like that. I'll primarily be blogging about that I guess, or other writing projects I have going on (which are few at the moment).

On top of that, and in my staff capacity, I edit the Critic's Quill, which is one of TWC's content publications. The Quill mainly discusses what's happening in the literary corner of TWC, reviewing stories, interviewing prominent authors from the forums and giving out helpful tips and tricks to people who want to get involved with writing about Total War. We actually published an issue last week, which you can check out here if you want to see what it's all about.

I guess that's about all I have to cover for the time being. I'm sure I'll be back soon to talk about some more specific things; mainly my AARs and other insights into the writing world here.

Sayonara~

Updated March 29, 2015 at 04:07 PM by Hitai de Bodemloze

Categories
Life on TWC

Comments

Ooh nicely done, Hitai :thumbsup: and it is indeed prettier than mine. I should design a style for it ... and since I do look pretty in pink, you guess it ;)

I think I'm going to be messing around with it for a while. I can't find a transparency setting though, which is irksome...
    Nicely done cousin Hitai, Hijō ni utsukushī sakuhin :thumbsup2
    Wait, I thought Citizens couldn't make blogs yet? I thought right now only higher ranking members could? I'm confused. Great blog post though. ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze
    Nicely done cousin Hitai, Hijō ni utsukushī sakuhin
    Arigato!

Quote Originally Posted by warman222
    Wait, I thought Citizens couldn't make blogs yet? I thought right now only higher ranking members could? I'm confused. Great blog post though.
    I infiltrated the system, don't tell anyone or my cover will be blown
    Quote Originally Posted by warman222
    Wait, I thought Citizens couldn't make blogs yet? I thought right now only higher ranking members could? I'm confused. Great blog post though.
    He is also a member of Content staff.
    You are pretty boring:tongue:

And are did you mention other writing projects? Have you got something planned that we should no about????!!???
    Other projects? I'm not sure. My Skyrim AAR kind of died, even though I have screenshots for the next few chapters, I haven't been bothered enough to update it, since I haven't touched the game since buying it. I'm still rather humbled by the response Dies Irae got, so I might do something with that soonish - I also had ideas for a similar Eastern-influenced fantasy style project, but I doubt I'll do much with that. In AAR terms, I've had a really cool idea for one - even wrote an introductory chapter - but who knows. I might just write it on the side without posting it; if I get into it and like it enough I might post it, but I'd be more inclined to finish it before I posted it, just because I don't want to embark on another big project whilst currently doing Yokai, which is my main priority (I will finish it!). Then I have ideas for big projects I want to do after Yokai's finally done - in like two years or something No use talking about that though.
    You need to get back to the one about the Steelseers, that was great to read. :thumbsup2 [SIZE=1]and yes I need to read your AAR at some-point as well. :whistling

[/SIZE]