View RSS Feed

TheDarkKnight

Goals met, goals surpassed.

Rate this Entry
Four and a half months ahead of schedule, I have finished reading my 52 book goal...Really 54 because I had the time today.

Sort of. Three of the books are repeats, but they were 2-3 years ago and I read them (and appreciate them) much more a second time around. So I guess technically I still have more work to do.

Since my last blog:

Books

The Wolf On The Run
The Wolf At War
Childhood’s End
SW HR Rising Storm
SW HR A Test of Courage
SW HR Race to Crashpoint Tower
Island of the Blue Dolphins
Rendezvous with Rama
Band of Brothers
The Magician’s Nephew
Time for the Stars
The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe
Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy
The Horse And His Boy
Vixen 03 (Clive Cussler, not erotica)
Babylon’s Ashes
Persepolis Rising
Congo
The Great Train Robbery
Tiamat’s Wrath
Prince Caspian
Voyage of the Dawn Treader
The Silver Chair
The Last Battle

Favorite Book from this group:
Of the new books, possibly Rendezvous with Rama. The Expanse books are up there but I have read them before, so I'm not 100% counting them towards the goal.

Least Favorite Book from this group:
I did not like Chronicles of Narnia. I was aware of, but did not fully realize, how full of Christian imagery it was. It's not even subtle. It's just a flat out store brand version of the Bible with less violence and somehow more judgmental nonsense. And don't get me started on how they treated Susan as a character.

What a terrible ing children's book series.

Most anticipated future book:
My brain is fried. I have no idea. Possibly Starship Troopers. Or the His Dark Materials series. Or maybe Dune.

I just need something that is very, very unlike (or even the antithesis of) the Narnia books.

Least anticipated future book:
None right now except for maybe a Cussler book. I actually got a few "knockoff" Cussler adventure books for when I need something different and I might be more excited for those right now.

I don't know.

I'm hoping to get to 70 books now. Will focus more on bigger books moving forward I hope.

Other News:
Lots of fun in my personal life when it comes to the upcoming wedding. People who I thought were reasonable are refusing to attend for an incredibly stupid reason and they will likely be cut of from my life because of this. Some things just can't be forgiven or forgotten. More on that later if I feel like sharing.

School started up again. We'll see how that goes in a few weeks but already a handful of classes have been the epicenters of mini outbreaks of COVID. I doubt our district and crazy parents will care until someone dies unfortunately. And even then I have my doubts since these people clearly don't actually care about lives.

Can't think of anything else right now.

Updated August 15, 2021 at 11:36 PM by TheDarkKnight

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Very very impressive!!! Happy tidings on your wedding! I'm pleased to see you going through his dark materials, they're my favourite books of all time. Recently Ive Read the Dresden Files, the Wheel of Time series and The Jurassic Park books. I too was a bit miffed at the Narnia Chronicles, which as you say the His Dark Materials are the Antithesis of in storytelling. As you are rerading them, rememeber the four short stories and The Books of dust.

Part way through The Winter King, Gideon of the Ninth, The Richest man I Babylon and The Way of Kings. Also starting on The Expanse series. Soon I'll plow through the Dune Books aswell I think.
    Thanks for sharing progress! I thought I was a prolific reader, but you supass me. 52 is A LOT. Well done!