View RSS Feed

Tall an' handsome

An elderly road trip

Rate this Entry
While on a road trip to visit our adorable grand children, my wife and I stopped at a roadside restaurant for lunch.

After finishing our meal, we left the restaurant, and resumed our trip.

When leaving, my wife unknowingly left her glasses on the table, and she didn't miss them until we had been driving about forty minutes.

By then, to add to my aggravation, we had to travel quite a distance before we could find a place to turn around, in order to return to the restaurant to retrieve her glasses.

I truly love my wife, the sun of my life, but all the way back, I understandably became the classic example of a grouchy old man.

I fussed and complained, and scolded my wife relentlessly during the entire return drive.

The more I chided her, the more agitated I became, I just wouldn't let up one minute.

To my wife's relief, we finally arrived at the restaurant. As she got out of the car and hurried inside to retrieve her glasses, I yelled to her, 'While you're in there, you might as well get my hat and the credit card.'

Updated October 13, 2020 at 10:55 PM by Gigantus

Categories
Life on TWC

Comments

I like to think that we're all your grandchildren, Gig. Now, about that Ferrari...