View RSS Feed

GrnEyedDvl's Desk

First blog on TWC

Rating: 18 votes, 3.00 average.
This morning I upgraded our vBulletin installation with the CMS and Blog features. Over the next few hours I will be setting up permissions so that everyone can read the Articles and Blogs. Creating Articles and Blogs will be limited to staff members for the next few days as we get the infrastructure laid out. Comments on how the layout looks on this are more than welcome. In fact the more input I get as we set this up the better. I will be posting more as we go.

Just a quick shot of how the CMS perms look. I only posted this so that people can test viewing attachments in blogs.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cmsperms.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	323497

Updated March 29, 2015 at 02:18 PM by GrnEyedDvl

Categories
Managing TWC

Comments

Well, here is something for you to delete.

Edit : Edit also works
    [QUOTE=Veteraan;bt4]Well, here is something for you to delete.

Edit : Edit also works[/QUOTE]

As does reply.
    So when is the Curator getting one?... :surprise:

Everything seems to be working fine, although the hideous white blocks around the blog page needs to go. :laughter:

EDIT: Also, I don't suppose there is an auto-subscribe to blogs when you post in them option, like you can get with threads?
    [QUOTE=Shankbot de Bodemloze;bt21]So when is the Curator getting one?... :surprise:

Everything seems to be working fine, although the hideous white blocks around the blog page needs to go. :laughter:

EDIT: Also, I don't suppose there is an auto-subscribe to blogs when you post in them option, like you can get with threads?[/QUOTE]
    In fact there is, click the advanced reply and scroll down, it's right there.
    I have selected the subscribe button beforehand anyway, I meant for future posts in future blogs, instead of having to select that option each time I post in a new blog (although any new comments on that blog will be covered - interestingly despite being subscribe to these blogs the new comments haven't come up as notifications in my UCP).

For example with threads under my forum settings I auto-subscribe without having to select that option when posting, I mean I wouldn't mind doing that as I usually go advance when I post anyway, but it it is just hassle free.
    I have found it: [URL]http://www.twcenter.net/forums/blog_usercp.php[/URL]

The blog UCP is a separate page, with no direct link to get too that has different options about settings and stuff - could be handy to have that in a more easily found place. I found it when clicking "Subscribe to this Blog Entry" and then following the links from "Blog Name" to "Manage Blog Subscriptions". The functions are there, just not that accessible at the moment. Will be interesting to see if they pick up the notifications.

EDIT: Also, "Blog Entries" subscriptions and "Blog Comments" subscriptions are separate fields of subscriptions, now I've auto-subscriped to blog comments they should come up as notifications - I'll check if it is in my UCP or Blog Settings (Blog UCP).
    Just seeing if auto-subscribe works.
    ^as per Shank's request: auto-subscribe test
    Okay so I didn't get a notification like you would for a PM or VM, although under this page: [URL]http://www.twcenter.net/forums/blog_subscription.php?do=entrylist[/URL] it did have a link to the latest post - it displayed all the blogs and not just the ones that have had a new best since I last viewed them with regards to threads, so I guess you'll just have to keep looking at that section for now, they are displayed in chronological order which is useful.

Under this page: [URL]http://www.twcenter.net/forums/blog_subscription.php?do=userlist[/URL] there wasn't any update (apart from the Comments number going up) and the Last Post column still displays N/A. :hmm:

Also on both pages there is a Notification option but that is set at None and I can't see an option to change it, that sounds like it would provide a more noticeable indication of when a subscribed blog has had changes too it.
    Just to make sure the subscriber feature works as I'm trying to get it too I'll subscribe from this and post again to see if I re-auto-subscribe.

(would have posted this above but it exceeds the character limit)
    Post.

EDIT: So I subscribed via the option on the right-hand side of the blog comments, and when I posted and refreshed anything I was again subscribed on this page: [URL]http://www.twcenter.net/forums/blog_subscription.php?do=entrylist[/URL] but not on this one: [URL]http://www.twcenter.net/forums/blog_subscription.php?do=userlist[/URL]

Wonder why that is. :P

EDIT: 2 clicked the Subscribe to this Blog button under GED's avatar and it was listed again under the userlist page.
    Updated March 30, 2015 at 03:22 PM by Shankbot de Bodemloze