Uploaded by ramtha - May 13, 2007
Author Author ramtha
File Size File Size 29.2 KB
Downloads Downloads 993
+ Download
Ramtha Productions Presents...

Operation DoomsDay: Battle System 5670.49940083762

Patch 1.2 required

A Totally Remade Battle System...The way Total War was meant to be played...

The Objective was to make the battles solid in feel, epic in gameplay.

1) Melees/Infantry:
All units defense skill drastically increased, and hit ratios of weapons all cut in half for every weapon type. The result is melees lasting up to three times longer.

2) Cavalry/Charges:
Cavalry charges are now solid, without killing anymore than 10-12 men in a charge, rather than before where an entire unit dies in a charge.
This was enabled by decreasing the mount mass of cavalry slightly, decreasing their charge bonus, then increasing ALL infantry mass and putting them at 2.
Cavalry now are better in melee, and have much more defense.
Now it looks like a charge, front line of inf die in charge, the rest engage the cavalry in melee.
Elite cavalry such as chivalric knights can beat their counter part dismounted chivalric knights in melee by a little.

3) Missile Infantry:
Are pathetic in melee, you will never see them even put up a descent fight against cavalry or solid infantry. They should be strictly for range...exceptions can be mongol infantry, aventuriers, but even they have been weakened.

4) Morale:
All morale is based as follows; 1, 4, 8, 12. In other words... poor, normal, good, excellent.
Meaning, elite units only get excellent morale, good units but not elite get good morale, descent but not good units get normal, and archers, crossbows, militias, poorer level horse archers get poor morale... the result, more strategic battles relying on better timing.

5) Unit Speed:
Unit movement speed decreased by about 25% altogether, terrains vary.

6) Pikes and Halberds:
A New pike and halberd system, no more useless spearwall or secondary weapons for halberdiers and pikemen.
Now, they are mobile, offensive as well as defensive, better against cavalry, more fun to use, and are also balanced, the AI also performs better without spearwall. (For those thinking the pikes will be unbalanced, they are not, I found the way of making them work without spearwall).

7) Elites No Longer Struggle to Beat lower class units:
From now on, elite units will just destroy non elite units, and will lose practically no casualties... this, is how it should be!

Installation: Extract the files from the rar to your main mtw2 data folder, use a batch file to run the mod.

Or, put it in a mod that does NOT use the files export_descr_unit or battle_movement_modifiers.

You can also make your own modfolder for this and it will work.

Permissions: Request to use this before you use it on your mod you plan to release.

Images

None

Comments

GodlyAvatar
May 13, 2007 at 04:00 AM
THANK YOU! As I don't have much time to do campaigns on Medieval, most of my time is taken up by doing Custom battles. This has made my day.
Little Legionaire
May 14, 2007 at 01:13 PM
I simply overwrited older files. Does it work without a batch file?
ivanhoex
May 26, 2007 at 04:23 AM
i have done a similar work, not so deep anyway.

i have only the need to add a better pikes and polearms

how did you achieve it / where have i to look for it?