Downloads: AAA: Roman Generals (v1.0.1)

AAA: Roman Generals (v1.0.1)

Uploaded by Benjin - June 17, 2018
Author Author Benjin
File Size File Size 183.11 MB
Downloads Downloads 2,695
+ Download
NOTE: I dedicate this mod to my dad for Father's Day; I implemented his likeness into the game - by his request. For his likeness, I made a completely new model based on a 3D scan of his head. His head can blink, move his mouth when talking etc. He is featured as the older variant of the new "Rom_General_32" uniform, and is also featured in the historical "Battle of Cannae" scenario as the Roman commander (for that battle's briefing UI animation, you can also see his head).

INTRO
Are you tired of how the vanilla general characters look in Total War: ROME II? Is your immersion broken when you have or see a character who is 80 years of age who still looks like he's 30? Or how about when they're trudging through the snow without any kind of winter clothing (mustn't they be freezing)? Aren't you just generally sick of how campaign characters always look the same throughout all your campaigns and have always wanted to give them some better looking gear to fit their increasing status / rank?

Then look no further! This general mod - like none other before it - will solve all of the above for you.

Alternate Download Link
Steam Workshop

ABOUT
This is the first - in potentially a series - of campaign agent character mods that aims to provide players with characters that dynamically replace their appearances with alternating variants (over 2,500 VariantMeshDefinition files for Rome alone!) based on three attributes for all campaigns, compatible with all overhaul mods (e.g. Divide et Impera). While in a battle, their appearance from the campaign will transfer over as well.

These three attributes are:
1.Age - As a general character's age value increases over the years, their facial appearance will gradually look older. This will provide a visual clue to the player that a character will soon be reaching a natural death.
2. Advancement - As a general ranks up through battles, their gear will become more extravagant as befits their status and accumulated gravitas.
3. Acclimatisation - When a season changes to winter, they will swap their appearance to a version which will wear winter clothing. This will provide a bit more immersion and variation to their appearances.

Rome (Polybian + Marian / Imperial) will be the first playable culture group to have their generals done, since their vanilla general appearances are in such dire need of replacement and most people will encounter them in their campaigns anyway.

The campaigns that will feature them for this mod will be:
Prologue - Rome (pro_rome) uses the Polybian general art set.
Hannibal at the Gates - Rome (pun_rome) uses the Polybian general art set.
Caesar in Gaul - Rome (gaul_rome) uses the Marian / Imperial general art set.
Imperator Augustus - All four Roman factions (emp_octavian, emp_antony, emp_lepidus, emp_pompey) will use the Marian / Imperial general art set.
Grand Campaign - Rome (rom_rome) uses a mixture of Polybian (Ranks 1 to 5)+ Marian / Imperial (Ranks 6 to 10) general art sets. Their appearances will now fit with the Marian + Imperial Reforms technologies as they rank up, no longer solely looking mid-Republican.

Of course, this doesn't count the Empire Divided campaign - their general appearances will require a lot more work to be done since each of the three Roman factions have distinct art styles to them qualifying for a future, separate mod.

COMPATIBILITY
This mod was designed for compatibility in mind and is therefore compatible with all overhaul mods (e.g. Divide et Impera) - no need for separate versions. However, there are a lot of overhaul mods out there and I may not have tested them all. If you find anything that's wrong, let me know and I will try to fix it. And yes, it is save compatible - you can enable / disable it whenever you want

THANK YOU
Special thanks to:

• Celticus - For helping out with some re-textures to make look much better quality than before (helmets).

And finally, thank you for reading and (hopefully) rating + subscribing! I put a lot of my free time into this, and am glad it's finally done for all of you to enjoy.

DISCORD
For faster communication and news on progress, join my Discord server!

Images

• AAA: Roman Generals (v1.0.1)

Comments

danielahmed
June 21, 2018 at 07:39 PM
OMG that unitcards looks so nice from legionaries please tell me where to get htem
danielahmed
June 21, 2018 at 07:39 PM
OMG that unitcards looks so nice from legionaries please tell me where to get htem
Miilinnd
June 23, 2018 at 09:51 PM
TWC link sends to steam workshop. Pls Fix it.
Rendon
June 26, 2018 at 09:12 PM
The nonsteam link just leads me to the workshop for some reason. Am I missing something?
Benjin
August 27, 2018 at 09:37 AM
Yeah sorry about that guys - when v1.0 is released (final update), I will re-upload a proper direct link to the mod.
Darth Tyrannus
September 14, 2018 at 03:14 AM
Apart from being a very neat little mod, this is is touching.
Benjin
December 28, 2019 at 07:30 AM
Updated this mod to v1.0.1, as it is on Steam - this includes new helmets, hair, a fix to the grey shield compatibility issue for players who use this along with Divide et Impera etc.