Buffed Religion for DarthMod Empire

Rate this File
Uploaded by TuranianGhazi - April 17, 2013
Author Author TuranianGhazi
File Size File Size 1.2 KB
Downloads Downloads 473
+ Download
Hi all!

I'm actually very surprised that nobody tweaked around, buffed or weakened further, with Religion parameters in Empire Total War. If there is a Religion mod for Empire, please let me know. Not finding such a religion mod, here is my small mod.

For all people who want to use their Religious Buildings (RBs) and Religious Agents (RAs) more. I hope this is the mod for you.

Requirements: This is a modification to DarthMod Empire 8.0.1, not VANILLA Empire, or any other mod. HOWEVER, since most mods do not touch religion, I ... <THINK> ... that this mod should work with all, really.

Why, you may ask? Because I only really changed patch2.pack materials in the DB.

=================
Rationale for the Mod
=================

DarthMod and vanilla Empire spawns very very little, next to none, Religious Agents (RAs). The impact of Religious Buildings (RBs) is small, negligible. Most people went for extra Colleges or Economy buildings. That is sound strategy. In my humble opinion, College>Economy>Religious Building>Entertainment building.

Why am I against Entertainment building? Personally, I'm against that immoral stuff and secondly because I really really find Rakes and Assassins worthless. On higher difficulty levels, player-owned Rakes/Assassins really suck and only good for scouting. I find much more use and honor with Religious Agents instead.

======================
Historicity
======================

Yes, I know and do realize that religion played increasingly lesser role in 18th century (1701-1800). I agree with that. This buffed religion mod really belongs more in the 17th (1601-1700) and earlier centuries when atop ethnic rivalries there were strong religious undercurrents.

For example, the setting of "With Fire & Sword" in 16th century with Poland-Lithuania, Cossack Hetmanate, Sweden, Russia, and Crimean Khanate there was as much ethnic/national confrontation as well as religious. So, in areas like Eastern Europe, Balkans, and New World, religion was still a force not to be ignored.

Allrighty, enough of the jibber-jabber, what does this mod do exactly? Read on to find out.

=====================
BUFFED RELIGION
=====================
Basically, ALL values are doubled.

1. RA Spawn Rate is doubled for all religions (catholicism, hindu, islam, protestant, orthodox, animist)

Note: I'm going to wait to hear from you guys how balanced it is... too much, or still too little?

2. RA caps have been removed from factions!

Before, factions topped off at 12 religious agents (if it ever got that far). Now, unlimited... but there's a catch, don't worry

3. RBs increase the number of RAs gradually and cap at the end

Level 1 RB (church, madrassa, etc)
+2 open RA slots to be filled

Total: 2 RAs from this one building

Level 2 RB
+4 open RA slots to be filled

Total: 6 RAs from this one, upgraded building

Level 3 RB
+6 open RA slots to be filled

Total: 12 RAs from a fully upgraded building.

Now do you see? Your Religious Agent count is still limited by the number and upgrade level of your religious buildings. Now, there is a clear incentive to upgrade religious buildings, unlike there was before, just in order to crease your Religious Agent count to respectable levels.

Only some nations start with a single or more religious buildings, most don't actually. Since towns grow slowly, I think that there wouldn't be too many Religious Agents around.

Note: Again, please test and provide feedback and I'll try to balance better.

4. Religious Buildings Benefits Increased

Level 1 RB
+2 conversion
+2 happiness

Level 2 RB
+4 conversion
+4 happiness

Level 3 RB
+8 conversion
+8 happiness

In addition to the new boon of religious building upgrades in higher numbers of Religious Agents, now there is a better reason to place this building first in a troublesome area, providing more strategy.
Do you want to pacify the populace first or risk it by reap the economic rewards from this Large Town immediately?

That's all for now.

================
Future Plans
================

Future plans on expanding this mod would be... possibly the ability to call Crusades, Jihads, Warpaths with Religious Agents of particular Zeal amount

=====================
Installation
=====================

Do I really new to chew this out lol? It's just a modpack.

1. Unrar/unzip the file anywhere
2. Place the "buffed_religion_mod.pack" in your data folder

Don't Forget the following steps for Darthmod!!!

3. Edit > User Script > copy just the buffed_religion part into the Add space
4. Update Script
5. Close
6. Start
7. Minimize DarthMod
8. Click on Empire.exe
9. Enjoy

And provide feedback whether you like it or not... too much, or too little, etc. I'll try to balance it, but take it as it is.
You can edit it further to you liking by opening it up with PFM.

=====================================
MOD TESTING (so far)
=====================================
On my Own

Settings:
-DarthMod 8.0.1
-Custom Campaign
-2 TPY
-Short

////////////////////
LATEST Version
////////////////////

YAY! Everything seems to be working, finally!

I don't know what I exactly did... perhaps renaming FROM "buffed_religion.pack" TO "buffed_religion_mod.pack" was the trick. I don't know.

However, one thing for certain. I think ... it helps ... to raze your own RB and rebuild it on first turn. This seems to activate the mod faster... somehow. For example, that's how I jump-started the Catholic French RA spawning AND Protestant Britain's.

Anyways, without further ado, below is VISUAL PROOF for yall.

BUFFED RELIGION LOGO
Double Spawn Rate

Protestant RA

Protestant RB

Orthodox RA

Orthodox RB

Muslim RA

Muslim RB

Hindu RA

Hindu RB

Catholic RA

Catholic RB

Animist RA

Animist RB

///////////////
Version 1.0
///////////////
I just speed through, not really caring about lost regions, just trying to upgrade the religious buildings and witness any changes.

Ottoman Empire (Islam): check >>> works
COmment: plenty, 3 RAs from around Caucausus, 1 RA as soon as I demolished the Balkan theatre with a Madrassa

Russian Empire (Orthodox): check >>> works
Commnent: I demolished the northeastern Theatre with a Church... upon upgrade level 2, my first spawned Orthodox priest, pretty fast!

Great Britain (Protestant): check >>> Not quite or just not long enough into play
Comment: buildings buffs there, but still no new RAs spawned

France (Catholic): check >>> Not quite or just not long enough into play
Comment: same story as Great Britain... not good

Plains (Animist): check >>> Not quite or just not long enough into play
Comment: Correct Buffs in Warpath campaign, but wrong ones in Custom campaign... interesting
Comment 2: YAY, got the first shamans after a bit... takes a while

Maratha (Hindu): check >>> IN PROGRESS

Guys, please post your experience with as many factions as possible. Naturally, the vanilla unplayables may be tricky or buggy.

Images

None

Comments

EastJerusalem
August 14, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Been looking for this. Thank You. Faith builds empires!
TuranianGhazi
September 02, 2013 at 05:23 PM
Thank you very much for your comment, EastJerusalem! As a modder, a satisfied user is the best satisfaction I can get. Wholeheartedly agree with your statement there. Morals build empires! As morals get degraded and society desensitized to the Ugly Triumvirate of Violence, Sex, and Drugs, then the empires fall, be they Roman, Mongol, Ottoman, French, British, or American.