Downloads: Medieval - Total War XL 3.0

Medieval - Total War XL 3.0

Uploaded by VikingHorde - September 28, 2007
Author Author VikingHorde
File Size File Size Unknown Size
Downloads Downloads 7,459
+ Download
Medieval: Total War XL

This is the final version of the XL mod for MTW (there might be one for RTW, who knows ~ ). I made the mod the way I belive MTW should had been, harder and with more factions.

Features of version 3.0:
- New versions of Early, High and Late.
- New map with 9 new provinces.
- 17 new factions. Included are: Armenians, Bohemians, Bulgarians, Crusader States, Cumans, Genoese, Hospitaller Order, Irish, Lithuanians, Norwegians, Portuguese, Scots, Serbians, Swedes, Teutonic Knights, Venetians, and Volga Bulgars.
- The unplayable factions can now be played (Burgundians, Golden Horde, Novgorod and the Papalcy)
- Lots of New units.
- Lots of new heroes.
- Landbriges removed.
- New Hospital, Bank and Royal bank building added.
- 3 pagan religious buildings added.
- Pagan shaman, emissaries, spies and assassins.
- New unit stats (Units have more correct stats and higher morale. Battles are now much harder and fun!).
- Improved AI (Build better units, better empire building)
- New trade structure (The AI can't handle the trade network in the original game, giving the player a big advantage. Trade income has therefore been reduced and farm income increased by 30%).
- GA mode playable with all factions.
- New GA and Prebattle shields for all factions.
- New music (large version only).
- Old game still playable, but only with the 9 new provinces.
- Auto-install (very easy install).
- English and Spanish language.
- And more!

MTW - Viking Invasion is needed to play this mod.

Medieval - Total War XL 3.0 full version:
http://www.3ddownloads.com/strategy-...W_XL3_Full.exe

If you have installed another language version of MTW than English and Spanish, then you will need to make some small changes to the game. Copy all the files from loc\eng into the folder loc\"your language" (Backup the old files just in case).

If you have questions, problems or feedback, then please post it here. This thread deals with anything related to this MOD.

Enjoy

Images

None

Comments

Turkeys!
September 28, 2007 at 08:10 PM
Wow I didn't know XL mod was still alive...wow
Snoopy
October 07, 2007 at 06:54 PM
Does this require any patches?
General Ruge
November 17, 2007 at 04:16 PM
I downloaded it and installed it. Everything looked great as soon as I increased the resolution from 800*800 to 768*1024 and higher. Otherwise it CTD.
Then it looked good until the first battle. I was impossible to move the units on the map, apart from lefclicking on an enemy unit, only on the minimap! Strange, and and it did not change even if I changed the faction and difficulty. Any clues to what to do?
Juffry
February 04, 2008 at 11:49 PM
Hey I just installed medieval total war and viking invasion then downloaded your mod and installed that but all that's in the folder after I installed is the uninstall thing no desktop icon/shortcut/exe what do I need to do? (I'm used to MTW2 mods with shortcuts on desktop I guess) Mod sounds good though.
Juffry
February 06, 2008 at 08:36 PM
soory my question was what do I need to do to start the mod?
Lambere
February 21, 2008 at 12:31 AM
Ready to try this. Having elementary trouble though - I have already installed MTW & VI, and the PM mod. That works fine.

Now I need to install a second MTW and VI, so I can play that game, and add this mod - correct?

Problem: I don't know how to install a second MTW, much less VI- every time I click on setup.exe (the sailboat icon, on the CD, yes?) it ask: "Are you sure you want to uninstall MTW?"

I could try and just copy the original install, I guess- but that means uninstalling everything and starting over, so I have two fresh-unmodded copies of MTW-VI. I'm hoping to avoid this, and not even sure it would work- most writers suggest that I need a fresh, clean install of MTW to run a mod well.

Thanks for any help on this vexation.

Lambere
Juffry
February 21, 2008 at 12:46 AM
I've given up on it after 2 weeks of trying. What's the PM mod? I never heard of that but I also never tried using a mod on MTW just MTW2 so maybe there is some ancient technology we need.
DrIstvaan
May 17, 2008 at 10:33 AM
Well, I don't know if it's still helpful or not, but...
@Juffry
If memory serves me well, you need to start MTW with the original .exe and then it will start up with the mod.
@Lambere
Indeed, copy and paste your MTW installation with PM mod to some other place. Now, uninstall MTW and delete the remmants. After that, re-install and apply the XL mod on the fresh installation. Now you have two MTWs, one with PM and one with XL.
pupuplader
May 27, 2008 at 01:35 PM
I downloaded this and installed to my Medieval Total War folder, and then installed Tyberius' mod. Now the game crashes every time I try to start a campaign. I am still able to play quick battles. Any idea what the problem is?
uk_john
March 31, 2010 at 05:51 PM
I am sure it is not this mod, but the red loading bar to take you to the strategic or tactical map takes about 4 minutes to load.. I have a 4850 and am running XP SP3 with a dual core AMD 5600 (2.8ghz)
Bwisher
May 12, 2011 at 02:59 PM
I see it's been a year since the last post here - But I have the same problem - no way to start the mod. After you install V.I. - MTW will only start with the VI disk - so using the original MTW disk is not an option. And as Juffry above says:"I just installed medieval total war and viking invasion then downloaded your mod and installed that but all that's in the folder after I installed is the uninstall thing no desktop icon/shortcut/exe what do I need to do? " In short there is no readily visible way to start this thing.... Can the creator of this mod or anyone familiar with it please tell us how to start it? Thanks