Downloads: Retrofit Mod 1.0

Retrofit Mod 1.0

Uploaded by Unspoken Knight - August 29, 2007
Author Author Unspoken Knight
File Size File Size 10.63 MB
Downloads Downloads 334,093
+ Download
Retrofits various Medieval II Total War (M2TW): Kingdoms features, improvements and bug fixes to vanilla M2TW.

========================================
REQUIRES MEDIEVAL II TOTAL WAR: KINGDOMS
========================================

Threads:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=118680
http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/22609

TABLE OF CONTENTS
=================
=================

1.0 OVERVIEW
2.0 INSTALLATION
3.0 LAUNCHING THE MOD
4.0 CAVEATS AND KNOWN ISSUES
5.0 MODDING
6.0 CONTACT AND SUPPORT INFORMATION
7.0 LEGAL INFORMATION
8.0 ADIITIONAL INFORMATION

1.0 OVERVIEW
============

The Retrofit Mod retrofits various Medieval II Total War (M2TW): Kingdoms features, improvements and bug fixes to vanilla M2TW. This mod can be used as it is, or as a base to create additional M2TW: Kingdoms mods (see section 5.0).

The major features of the Retrofit Mod are:

- Hotseat Campaigns.
- Control AI Reinforcements.
- Boiling Oil.
- 4 Additional custom battle maps (Backwoods, Borderlands, Forts, Trenches).
- Unit rebalancing.
- AI Unit Recruitment tweaks.
- Campaign AI Tweaks.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements.
- Installer: The mod is packaged with an easy to use installer for computers with a valid installation of M2TW: Kingdoms.

2.0 INSTALLATION
================

The Retrofit Mod requires M2TW: Kingdoms.

To install the Retrofit Mod, simply run the supplied executable file. If you have a valid installation of M2TW: Kingdoms, installation setup will automatically determine the installation path and appropriate language assets (game audio and text) for the Retrofit Mod.

The Retrofit Mod installs all game files into a separate mod path and does not modify any existing M2TW or M2TW: Kingdoms files. This protects the existing M2TW and M2TW: Kingdoms installations and allows multiple mods to be run from the same M2TW installation.

Installation consists of four main components:

- Required Retrofit Mod Files: Core files required to install and use the Retrofit Mod. (REQUIRED)
- Copy M2TW Campaign Files: The installer will copy the required campaign files from the original M2TW installation. (REQUIRED)
- Copy M2TW Custom Battle Files: The installer can copy the custom battle files from the original M2TW installation. (OPTIONAL)
- Copy M2TW Save Games: The installer can copy save games from the original M2TW installation for use in the Retrofit Mod. (OPTIONAL)

3.0 LAUNCHING THE MOD
=====================

The Retrofit Mod can be launched via a number of methods:

- Start menu shortcut
- Quicklaunch icon
- Desktop icon
- M2TW game launcher (English)
- Batch file located in: [M2TW Path]\mods\retrofit\medieval2_retrofit.bat

4.0 CAVEATS AND KNOWN ISSUES
============================

- Version 1.0 of the Retofit Mod is designed to work with M2TW: Kingdoms with M2TW updated to version 1.03.000. Version 1.0 of the Retrofit Mod may not work correctly with future versions of M2TW: Kingdoms and M2TW.
- The Retrofit Mod may not install and/or run correctly for some downloadable distribution methods of M2TW or M2TW: Kingdoms.
- Although the Retrofit Mod contains assets for all available game languages, it has not been exhaustively tested for every language of M2TW: Kingdoms.
- The 4 additional custom battle maps have not been translated for non-english languages.
- Using M2TW save games in the Retrofit Mod has not been exhaustively tested.

5.0 MODDING
===========

The Retrofit Mod may supply a good base or reference for other M2TW: Kingdoms mods. Other mods may include content of the Retrofit Mod in whole or in part. Please acknowledge credit to the Retrofit Mod when Retrofit Mod content is used in other mods.

6.0 CONTACT AND SUPPORT INFORMATION
===================================

Support for the Retrofit Mod is provided through the Total War forums:

www.totalwarforums.com
www.twcenter.net/forums

For non-support related enquiries, the Author of the Retrofit Mod can be contacted directly at:

unspokenknight@gmail.com

Due to work, family and other commitments, the Author may not be able to reply or may take some time to reply to any enquiries. Please do not contact the Author of the Retrofit Mod directly for support.

7.0 LEGAL INFORMATION
=====================

This is an unofficial Mod for Medieval II Total War: Kingdoms. SEGA and the Creative Assembly do not endorse or support this Mod.

All right, title, interest and ownership rights in this Mod belong to the Author of this Mod (as far as is legally possible).

The Author of this Mod (and for the avoidance of doubt SEGA and The Creative Assembly) will not be held responsible for the risks connected with any loss (financial or otherwise), damage to property, lost data, console, computer or handheld device failure, errors and lost business or other information as a result of possession, use or malfunction of this Mod.

8.0 ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
==========================

Please also download and try the "Custom Campaign Mod" by "Unspoken Knight":

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1403

Images

None

Comments

The Kurgan
January 01, 2010 at 05:29 AM
sometimes guys ya just have to cut your losses and try another mod as there are so many things that can go wrong with modding installations. I am going to try and install and if there is a problem c'est la vie.
DioD2
January 12, 2010 at 01:02 PM
Great mod. Thanks a lot!
fithelere
January 27, 2010 at 02:28 AM
When I click on the download button on this page, it takes me to a FileFront page that seems to lack any sort of download button. What am I missing? Please email me fithelere@gmail.com

Thanks!
Hagu
August 02, 2010 at 02:08 PM
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=377530

Can someone PLEASE help me with this?
Hagu
August 03, 2010 at 08:34 AM
colesy606 has resolved my problem and many thanks to him. The problem was that my OS did not recognize the file as a setup file so he gave me an alternative link to the retrofit mod which worked.

Once again, thanks ALOT to him, and for anyone else whose having the same problem, heres the link that colesy gave me

http://www.filefront.com/8434429/Retrofit-Mod-for-M2TW-Kingdoms/
nicgio
October 16, 2010 at 05:33 PM
Everytime I try to download this mod my computer doesn't recognize the fire so it can't execute it can anyone help me?
nicgio
October 16, 2010 at 07:24 PM
I have no idea why it doesn't recognize it anyone have any ideas
NitsujiHcae
November 11, 2010 at 10:26 AM
I download the mod and put it in mods and when I try to open the retrofit file it asks me what do I want to use to open it? Nothing works. I have the game on cd and I used the key when I downloaded it so it's a valid installation. Help please.
gamer025
November 28, 2010 at 02:15 AM
Can we get some clarification on:

- AI Unit Recruitment tweaks.
- Campaign AI Tweaks.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements.
apen09
December 15, 2010 at 08:06 AM
Greetings noble vassals i have a problem my favorite factions is turks because they are green but when i download the retrofit 1.0 and the unit add ons my generals wont give an inspirational speech any more just direct cheer from the WARRIORS so sad some one can help me what should i do
apen09
December 15, 2010 at 08:07 AM
Greetings noble vassals i have a problem my favorite factions is turks because they are green but when i download the retrofit 1.0 and the unit add ons my generals wont give an inspirational speech any more just direct cheer from the WARRIORS so sad some one can help me what should i do
GhostwriterDoF
December 24, 2010 at 10:22 PM
To Anyone else who download this file and have had this issue... See Below:

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit, and downloaded this file from FileFront. The file did not have the .exe extension, for some reason. What I did was just renamed the file by adding the .exe manually.

Then I double clicked on the file and it installed properly, was recognized by the game, being started with its own Icon added to the desktop. In case anyone else was having trouble, I thought I would mention it here.
Norwegian_viking
December 31, 2010 at 03:24 PM
It dosent work on my pc, it just wont do anything the ''open'' but it wont run as a game and i really want to play vanilla in hotseat
lordadmiralhood
June 12, 2011 at 03:32 PM
I used it on steam, but when I try to launch it a fatal error appears and close M2TW. I don't understand.
pnusher52
June 09, 2013 at 03:44 PM
Ok