Downloads: Belle's RTW-MultiMod 2.0 (RTW 1.5 Tweaks)

Belle's RTW-MultiMod 2.0 (RTW 1.5 Tweaks)

Uploaded by KittySN - June 28, 2010
Author Author KittySN (Belle)
File Size File Size 10.06 MB
Downloads Downloads 12,386
+ Download
Version 2.0 is here!!!
Have previous version? Just install over...

This modification includes the following:

• CA's replacement Spartan skins, now with sprites.
  • Captain skins are changed to general skins from campaign.
  • Optional Alexander the Great skin for Greco-Macedonian culture from expansion.
  • 134 custom/multiplayer maps, grouped by type in alphabetical order with previews.
  • Common (in-game) and obscure (README) rules for online play.
  • Rebels is a selectable faction while you're hosting games.

This is designed for the RTW 1.5 online player. This modification will replace the old Spartan skin with CA's replacement release including sprites; transfer in the Alexander the Great skin from the Alexander expansion (optional); replace all captain skins with the appropriate general skins from campaign mode; add an additional 134 custom/multiplayer maps with previews and checked for settlement capabilities, grouped in alphabetical order by type: vanilla, random, places, faction; describes CWB and TWPL in game during map selection with rare rules listed in the README; activate rebels as a selectable faction during custom/multiplayer games. Feel free to alter/distribute at will. Please see the README for more information!

Enjoy!
Belle

1) Download
2) Extract Folders/Files
3) View Instructions in README

Note concerning some comments describing installation not working:
Windows 7, 8 and some other operating systems have security features preventing the overwriting of program files. If RTW crashes after you copy and paste installation, please verify that you have adequate administrative permissions. I use Windows XP (still), but I've heard this complication so many times that I'm rather certain that it may be your issue--if an issue is presented to you. The mod can crash RTW if some files are pasted and others are not, a consequence of overwrite protection. Otherwise, I don't follow this forum very much, so you really need to research what complication your having yourself. I assure you that the mod works, but variations in operating systems are causing conflicts during installation. ^_^

Videos do not show all features, but examples are on my YouTube channel.
http://www.youtube.com/user/KittySN

If you want the maps only, I made a standalone map pack.
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=2891

Images

None

Comments

Prince_of_Macedon
July 02, 2010 at 11:05 AM
Best thing I've ever downloaded for RTW
yuchen89
July 22, 2010 at 04:25 PM
haha lol is it the real POM? it probably is ive seen the vid 4 it and its quite good this
Astra
August 02, 2010 at 03:01 AM
the instructions dont work for me because i dont have these two links when im goin through my files for RTW

C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War
- Steam:
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\rome total war gold

any help?
KittySN
August 02, 2010 at 06:56 PM
Um... if you've found your RTW directory, you don't need the other paths. Not every version of the game has the same installation path because over the years, CA has been associated with different publishers and distributors. That's why the step is written with the inclusion of the term "examples"...
Astra
August 03, 2010 at 06:28 AM
cheers for that m8
|Sith| Max
August 09, 2010 at 11:51 PM
If was a woman and someone called me M8 i would be insulted.
|Sith| Max
August 10, 2010 at 12:06 AM
Also Belle, Slight error in the RCC ruleset. the most important change aint in it, which is that it counts HA as cav and CA as cav and arch.
KittySN
August 10, 2010 at 01:00 PM
That's what happens when you get near the end of writing a README after finishing a mod too--you just want to finish it and get it off your plate. I knew that, but forgot to include it. Thanks for actually reading the README! I'll upload the changed file as a replacement soon.

By the way, younger women call each other "mate" in some countries too, like the UK, but originally being from the US (where such slang is rarely used and is stereotyped to Australian men), it was a little surprising the first time I was called one from a woman.
|Sith| Max
December 30, 2010 at 08:27 AM
Yeah i suppose that would be awkward...
♔Agamemnon♔
January 22, 2011 at 10:50 AM
Sounds great, but wouldn't the Spartans from someplace else be better? Now the CA replacement ones look as realistic as the ones from 300.
|Sith| Max
February 19, 2011 at 09:23 PM
True that.
RomeModder
April 21, 2011 at 01:01 PM
Thanks Belle online compatible?
TheFoolOnTheHill
August 02, 2011 at 09:59 PM
Awesome
Hamilkar19
August 03, 2011 at 11:18 AM
yea its online compatible