• One-minute interview with Akar

One-minute interview with Akar: a recent recipient of the TWC Milestone Award

The TWC Milestone Award
    Awarded to those who have been on TWC for 10 years, have accumulated 10,000 posts, and have posted after completing both of the former.

Interview by Alwyn
    Congratulations on your TWC Milestone Award! How did you discover TWC, 10 years ago?
    As a kid I used to collect PC Gamer magazines, and I was obsessed with strategy games. I remember seeing Rome Total War in one of the magazines and bugging my parents to buy it for me constantly. Finally, they agreed to buy it for me for my 13th birthday. I was excited and couldn't wait, but none of my friends played Total War or any other games back then. So, I googled "Total War Forums" and found this community and I've been here ever since!

What has been the most memorable thing that happened on TWC, in your time here?
    Probably the creation of the Minecraft server and the related Minecraft community on TWC. I'm still friends with and talk to so many of the people I met in that community and our friendship expanded even beyond TWC and Minecraft.

How do you feel about the new Total War Saga game, Troy?
    Hopeful, I guess? I've been let down so many times recently that I can't help but expect to be disappointed, but at the same time I'm hopeful that CA will manage to strike lighting again. I haven't been "excited" for a Total War game since Rome II, and CA choosing to partner with Epic Games and offer Troy for free through that doesn't engender any confidence in the game.

You've received an award for your contributions to the TWC Wiki, could you tell us about your involvement with the Wiki?
    I've created wiki pages for (almost) all of the members of the House of Hader, I've been working on porting the modding indexes from the forums over to the wiki, as well as updating random things for readability as I've come across them. Additionally, I've created a thread where any member can request for me to create them a wiki page, though sadly not many as I would hope have taken me up on that offer!

What's it like to be in Content Art Staff? Which of your artworks are you most proud of?
    It's a lot of fun and good practice. I enjoy the challenge of creating new and interesting things, especially if it forces me to attempt an art style or technique I haven't used before. I think what I'm most proud of creating during my tenure as Art Staff is either the wiki banner headers for the modding indexes, or the set of badges I just finished for Troy. Really, I'm proud of whatever I finish that the client/commissioner is pleased with. Nothing is better than finishing a piece of art that you're confident with and the customer feeling the same way.

What's a Patrician and how did you become one?
    A Patrician is someone who has received one of the large awards or someone who has served as an Administrator for a certain period of time. I became a Patrician when I was awarded the "Asterix's Loincloth" award, which is granted to those who demonstrate "purity of mind" and pursue "humor and good times for all members". I'm not sure how pure my mind is, but I definitely think that I've tried to pursue humor and good times for everyone here. I'm very proud to have been given the award by a community that has been such a large part of my life.

You're a Censor in the Curia, what does this involve? If people are interested in applying for a role in the Curia, what advice would you give them?
    A Censor is one of the Consul's assistants in the Curia. They're responsible for doing anything that they think needs to be done that is within their constitutional purview, or that the Consuls tasks them to do. In my tenure as Censor I was responsible for running the majority of the day to day and administrative tasks in the Curia; such as creating polls, PMing new citizens, moving new amendments and awards to vote, and more. Pretty much the only thing that the Consul does that the Censors can't do is moderate the Curia and related forums. If you're interested in applying for a roll in the Curia I would suggest you approach it with an open mind and sense of humor. Many things will try your patience, so it's important to be able to roll with the punches and adapt to change. Working in the Curia is a lot of fun, and I would recommend it to anyone who's looking for an easy way to give back to the community here.
    Comments 2 Comments
      Lusitanio -
      Nice interview
      Akar -
      Great interview, even if I am a bit biased .