View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. Flight of fancy

by , November 30, 2016 at 08:17 AM (Tall an' handsome)

One day the splendid fruit of my loins decided to bereave me of my inalienable right to spoil my grandchildren and moved his family far away ‘for business purposes’. I give you an idea how far away: there they eat raw fish with sticks. I mean, what’s wrong with fish & chips? Really?

But I digress. To deflect my righteous anger (magnificent off spring or not) I get appeased with an offering of tickets for bi-annual travels to brighten my grandchildren’s life. On one of these
    Categories
    Life on TWC
  2. Of Souls - Behind the Scenes: Introduction

Welcome to my blog I guess, this is my first one so go easy on me. I think it is a great new feature of TWC, and as I have now have the ability to create one I thought I'd go ahead and make some us of it. I've been thinking about a range of topics I could cover, and as it is mainly a way to keep writing whilst I procrastinate writing actual updates to my creative writing work here on TWC, I finally decided to settle on a blog that explains in more detail the world that my serial ...

Updated March 20, 2016 at 06:10 PM by Shankbot de Bodemloze

Categories
    Creative Writing
  3. Just another job

Yesterday I arrived home early from work and decided to do something special for my wife. I washed the dishes, vacuumed the floor and even tidied up the rooms.
    My wife came home from the market, walked through the house and then sat down on the sofa in front of the television.
    "Sweetie," I said, "before you turn on the TV, isn't there something you want to say?"
    "Yes, of course." the love of my life replies, "It's a thankless job, isn't

Updated August 03, 2016 at 12:15 AM by Gigantus

Categories
    Life on TWC
  4. Building a guitar.

by , May 20, 2015 at 01:18 PM (Building a guitar. Pt 2..)
    Not from scratch but by sourcing the parts and putting them together.

However, that is only part of the story. The intent is buy cheap parts (where possible) and age them so they look like a 1962 Fender Stratocaster. The process is known as 'relicing.' Relicing isn't just making something look old, it's has to look used. There's a lot of opinions on whether most reliced guitars are over done and look unrealistic. In that sense I have an advantage being the owner of a late 80's strat ...

Updated June 12, 2015 at 09:39 AM by Halie Satanus

Categories
    Hobbies & Interests
  5. GW's Monthly Competitions Results & News - February 2016

Good day TWC fellows!!!

It took me a while to set the next GW competition, the #223. First, I've been busy on some other stuff. Second, I wasn't sure what theme to choose for that one. What means February for most of the people? Winter sports? Well it's also summer time in the South emisphere. Valentine day? Too commercial from my point a view (but that's just my own :tongue:).
    After a while, I realized that it was also the carnival season, not only in my place, Dunkirk, where ...

Updated February 27, 2016 at 06:31 PM by Lifthrasir

Categories
    Uncategorized