Blog Comments

Thanks for your comments. From my class there was a tragic loss of young men due to accidents. Unfortunately, several of my close friends were among them. My house was situated relatively close to the city graveyard and was on one of our routes to the lake/damn.

Not all were met this fate, several moved away, of course others just lost interest (got married, joined the military, went to college, etc.).

It was a close knit group composed of friends who met while playing football, and through the years we picked up a few stragglers, brothers of the original group, etc. It was really a rite of passage to run to the dam and back. This was not an easy task, being about 6.5 miles (round trip) along streets, fields and the sudden incline of the damn itself. It was considered poor form not to run the entire route.

Urban development has made this impossible now. The increase in vehicular traffic and the routes along the park and up to the damn itself are now blocked by fencing.
    Updated May 02, 2021 at 05:27 PM by Gaius Baltar
    Very poetic, nice reading.

I wonder, if you are actually 41, why many of your friends are in the grave already? It's a genuine question.
    I don't think that's just limited to the muncipalities in your country I'm afraid. Nepotism, corruption, sweeping favours and personal relations play a part a bit too world-wide for my liking
    20 books in eight weeks is seriously impressive stuff dude, nice to see your thoughts!
    Well entering Champions is a great achievement, though of course it's also a big commitment; once you do that quality step, you have to do it well, or you risk being squashed by the overwhelming pressure you get from that competition (not to mention the money that will cost you to remain there, not a case that we see the same few teams hitting the final stages of the League every year )