View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. The Quest for the Perfect Stick

Hello to the hoo-mans on TWC. My name is Colt, and the silly hoo-man you know as GED is my servant. He prepares my food, washes and brushes my coat, fills my water bowl, and does anything else I need him to do. In return I make sure he gets out and gets his exercise, and keep him warm at night.

Here is my picture so you can bask in my magnificence.

As servants go, GED is a decent ...
    Categories
    Around the House
  2. Terrae Expungnandae 5.0 rediscovered

A few months ago, while browsing an old file archive, I came across a folder labeled, "TWC". Knowing that could only mean forum material I opened it up. I was mildly surprised to discover that it contained files from my beta-testing days back in 2006. The biggest prize, however, was a zip file with the Terrae Expungnandae 5.0 installer. Two versions in fact. I waxed nostalgic as I recalled a different time and place, spending many hours beta-testing the TE mod.

After some ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Last Week's Lensation - 13/03/19 - 20/03/19

It's been a while since the last update, (almost a month, I believe) and some things have changed in the meantime. I won't be doing "live" commentary, I will only be doing commentary for POTWs that have just ended (hence the name change of the blog). This is so I don't inadvertently influence the vote. This also means I can be a little more liberal in expressing my admiration for ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Tech News - Intel urges graphic driver update

Intel is warning Windows 10 users that old graphics drivers are riddled with security flaws that need to be updated with new updates that the company has released over the past year.

The full article can be found here. It provides a link to Intel's driver page which in turn has a simple to use application to check the user's set up and provide the required downloads.
    The application opens a browser page with the results and then allows a simple installation once the download ...
    Categories
    Technology
  5. Game News - Microsoft's latest patch messes with game performance

The update KB4482887 has been creating huge performance problems for some gamers on Windows 10 (version 1809), affecting mouse movements and graphics.

Suggested fix by Microsoft: uninstall the update.

Read the full ZDNet article
    Categories
    Uncategorized