View RSS Feed

Creative Writing

1. TotW 243 and 244 Winners!

by , October 31, 2015 at 06:23 AM (The Official (and Unofficial) Writer's Study Blog)
    The TotW has been fairly busy since the last blog posts, with a number of votes going up and closing and thus we have two winners to announce.

TotW 243 saw the brave competitors channel their inner Indiana or Lara Croft and go raiding some tombs. But what would they find? Treasure? Scrolls? The previous tomb raider? Six competitors set out into the dense jungle full aware that only one would come out alive. But who would it be?

Three came back however after the first vote ...
  2. MAARC LX Winners, Gold Medals and ToTW

by , October 14, 2015 at 12:49 AM (The Official (and Unofficial) Writer's Study Blog)
    Hey TWC,

Merchant here again. So I never did post another blog post for that third day (many in the WS know I’m kind of lazy) but here is the amazing, spectacular, engrossing third instalment of the Writer’s Study Blog.

Alwyn, our commander-in-chief, took out first spot with his intriguing new tale set in Haiti. With rebellion brewing on this rich French colonial outpost and family feuds not helping the situation, Alwyn is at his usual brilliant self again. Second place
  3. The United Crowns of the Critic's Quill and the Writer's Study

by , September 22, 2015 at 08:03 AM (The Official (and Unofficial) Writer's Study Blog)
    Wassup TWC!

“Woah another blog post” I here you say. Yep your eyes do not deceive. With all the wonder of two posts in two days dealt with lets get to the matter at hand.

The Wrtier’s Study and the Critic’s Quill have both recently gone through some pretty big changes. Firstly, Hitai de Bodemloze resigned from the post of editor of the Quill. He is currently a Content Emeritus at the Quill as currently I believe real life commitments have drawn him away. Hitai oversaw

Updated October 09, 2015 at 05:15 PM by Merchant of Venice (Some rather embarrassing grammatical mistakes)

Categories
    Life on TWC , Creative Writing
  4. Intros (We don't bite)

by , September 21, 2015 at 05:14 AM (The Official (and Unofficial) Writer's Study Blog)
    The Writer’s Study is dark and full of stories”

Bonjour, ciao, hola, hallo, svieki, हेलो, merhaba, kaixo!!!

Awful aSoIaF references aside (yes, I’m a books man), hello to the newly-created, freshly-polished, recently-patented, parent-approved, vaccinated and heavily drugged, royally-endorsed (or Jacobin-endorsed, whatever side you’re on) Writer’s Study Blog!!!

I can already tell through this screen how excited you all are.

“But what the ...

Updated September 21, 2015 at 08:13 AM by Merchant of Venice

Categories
    Life on TWC , Creative Writing
  5. The Tale of the Week Blog - TotW 239

Ah, the epic competition that is the Tale of the Week. It is a competition where all writers gather to test their skills against one another. And as a series, I'll be bringing you the winning entries for each and every Tale of the Week storyboard.

The first one to start off with is #239 - In Search of a Worthy Foe! And what a competition it was. The first vote went ...

Updated July 06, 2015 at 03:52 AM by Finlander

Categories
    Hobbies & Interests , Creative Writing
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast