View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Solid Snake or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Videogames Again

For the record, I'm procrastinating on my Metal Gear series review (MGS, MGS2, MGS3, MGS4, MGS: PW, MGSV:GZ, MGSV:TPP, MGR:R, MG, MG2) for the Gamer's Gazette while writing this; I figured this would be at least something topical and I just needed to get this written down somewhere.

I've played video games of all sorts for nearly my entire life. I remember in Kindergarten playing various different kid's PC games; my teacher would even burn us copies to bring home if we wanted. Games ...
  2. IlluminatiRex's College Adventures - Freshman Year

So, my Freshman year of College has finally ended. What a ride that was, and I really can't wait for what's in store for my next semester. Some background on me - I'm an Anthropology major who hopes to eventually go into Archeology. Especially Battlefield Archeology of the first world war. Oh, and I changed the names of my friends for this.

It started back in August, well, even a bit earlier than that - June of 2014. June was Freshman Orientation. It was a hot day, and luckily my campus ...

Updated May 10, 2015 at 09:43 PM by IlluminatiRex

Tags: college, life
    Categories
    Entertainment , Creative Writing
  3. Beer contains female Hormones

Last month, National University of Lesotho scientists released the results of a recent analysis that revealed the presence of female hormones in beer.

Men should take a concerned look at their beer consumption.

The theory is that beer contains female hormones (hops contain phytoestrogens) and that by drinking enough beer, men turn into women.

To test the theory, 100 men drank 8 pints of beer each within a 1 hour period.

It was then observed

Updated May 09, 2015 at 07:05 AM by Gigantus (fixed link)

Categories
    Life on TWC
  4. Part IV: Jetsetter [Africa] [THEN AND NOW SERIES}

Part IV: Jetsetter [Africa]
    THEN AND NOW SERIES

I had two advantures on the continent of Africa.
    In 2000 I was a Peace Corps Volunteer
    In 2006- 2008 I was a teacher at the international school.
    Both were in Beautiful Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast)

In 2000, I joined the Peace Corps. We met in Philadelphia for initial training and a chance to get to know everyone. We were there for about three days. We then took a bus to New York and flew out on Air ...

Updated May 07, 2015 at 09:45 AM by PikeStance

Categories
    Travel
  5. Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ70K

Last year when my wife and I went to London, the digital camera I had at the time decided to die on me. It didn't completely die, it just refused to read or write to the SD card which meant I could only take a few pics before moving stuff to my laptop and clearing the internal storage which go to be a pain, and after buying two new cards for it while we were there we actually ended up buying a cheap little throw away camera to use for the rest of that trip. Cell phone cameras are only good for certain ...