View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. Hitai Talks About Chess: Problems in the English Opening

Well I haven't updated this in a while, so why not brush the cobwebs off this old blog and write something interesting.

Back in the day, folks used to play chess on TWC. We had chess tournaments and there was even a member of Gaming Staff responsible for chess related matters (a good buddy of mine actually, who has sadly been absent in recent times). If you see me around the forums posting, underneath my avatar it has two extra fields: Tournaments Joined and Tournaments Won. This was ...

Updated May 03, 2018 at 04:24 PM by Hitai de Bodemloze

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Hands on Integration

The other week I went to a Inter-Religion Integration Seminar.

The Bishop came, laid his hands on my hand and said, “By the will of Jesus Christ, you will walk today!”

I smiled and told him I was not paralyzed.

The Rabbi came, laid his hands on my hand and said, “By the will of God Almighty, you will walk today!

I was less amused when I told him there was nothing wrong with me.

The Mullah came, took my hands and said, “Insha Allah, ...
    Categories
    Life on TWC
  3. Why I cannot stand the IRS

I do not usually vent about problems like this on TWC, but today I got a letter from the IRS regarding tax year 2013 and how it relates to TWC. They are now claiming I owe them $13,319 in taxes for calendar year 2013 plus a tax underpayment penalty of $2,664 and interest of $472 for a total of $16,466 and gave me two freaking days to respond! Needless to say I am a bit bent over this.

To start off with there are a few things you need to know about how TWC is run for you to understand ...
    Categories
    Life on TWC , Managing TWC
  4. The 'green thing'

by , November 01, 2015 at 10:57 PM (Tall an' handsome)
    Yesterday after shopping in our local supermarket, the young cashier suggested to me that I should bring my own grocery bags, because plastic bags are not good for the environment.
    I apologised to the young girl & then sighed, "We didn't have this 'green thing' back in my earlier days."
    The young clerk responded, "That's our problem today. You folk didn't do enough to save our environment for future generations."
    I couldn’t help to agree with her: "Ahh
    Categories
    Life on TWC
  5. Calculated lounging

by , October 16, 2020 at 09:47 PM (Tall an' handsome)

Some years ago I had to travel a lot in the line of duty and often found myself in airport lounges whiling the time away between connecting flights. Being a charming conversationalist I did have my fair share of scintillating discussions with the fairer sex in those lounges and I still remember the following discussion as if it was yesterday:

Woman: Do you drink beer?
    Me: Ye

Woman: How many beers a day?
    Me: Usually about 3.

Woman: ...
    Categories
    Life on TWC