View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Brewster's final thoughts on his TWC participation through the years.

Long have I aspired writing something that detailed my great deeds upon this website. Like how HorseArcher told the tale of the last Emperor. Fact remains I never did great deeds on this website so you cannot write about your great deeds if you didn't commit them. So maybe I'll write a bit about my mediocre participation on this board. As now more than ever and yes, I'm aware that I often announced my retirement from the site, the end of my time here really comes near.

I've had ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. A Commodisan Wit - Power

I'll stop farming for skeptical commentary on my motivations and delve in a new direction this week. Initially I'd wanted to comment on education (probably the most lucid subject I'd be talking about so far), and perhaps I will; but after the past few days I've simply come up with a few thoughts on Power, and now I spoon them out to you in the hopes there is something in them that might be mildly interesting.

To go on a tangent, one can approach the broad concept of power in a few different ...
  3. A Commodian Wit - Purpose

A majority of this blog will be invalidated on the spot by those who take the understandable path of 'it's life man, just live it, stop thinking about it'. It is healthier to be so. It allows philosophical obsessing to fade away. It, indeed, helps sooth the pain of all fading away, as it inevitably does on the path of time.

Yet my existence, my perspective, my drive is built on the pursuit of purpose, an ironic thing from one who doesn't subscribe to conventional religion. Yet this ...
    Categories
    Hobbies & Interests
  4. The Football Rant - Fotball is Cancelled

For the better. Corona is upon us, and after two weeks too many of play the Premier League, Fa Cup, Euros, Tippeligaen, etc etc have finally been postponed. But too late, Arsenal Manager Mikel Arteta for example is in isolation after being infected. Luckily he's about the youngest manager around, so he'll be fine. But what if someone like Roy Hodgson got it? He's 72, which means that when Sky sports pondered on barring anyone above 70 from entering a football game, he'd be in big trouble. The whole ...
  5. A Commodian Wit - The Insidious Apathy

Yes, Apathy.

A personal addendum to Flinn's less word soupy and more understandable read The power of fear..., this is my response in blog form to introduce the concept and its effects upon society in all things, and why people should care about it.

Apathy is a much less renowned beast than Fear. It is harder to pin down and blame. Fear has a generally clear source, or perhaps a mystery of a source, and clear victims who may work through it or shrivel on sight. It can be ...
Page 1 of 31 123456789101126 ... LastLast