View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. The Dude's thoughts - Freedom and Anarchy

When I started to write this series of the Dude's thoughts, it was more for my own comfort than for anything else (the first chapter "To fall in love vs to love" was mostly me talking to myself and trying to clarify my thoughts around my own personal struggles.. the same is probably true as well for the second chapter, "Memento Mori!"), while subsequent chapters are more about me sharing my believes about life.. why am I telling you this? Because I don't want to look like I'm ...

Updated May 18, 2020 at 09:56 AM by Flinn

Categories
    Hobbies & Interests
  2. The Rant - Procrastination

So. I have heaps of things to do. An exam on Friday I've barely studied for, things I should write elsewhere, things I should do elsewhere. So what do I do instead? I'm writing a blog. Why? I don't know, but I have a theory.

I am a master when it comes to procrastination. I can wait and wait for hours with doing something, and then finish it right before the deadline. I don't think I've delivered an assignment more than an hour before the deadline in years now. While it seems pretentious, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Football Rant - Keeping Busy Without Football

Now then, seeing as there's no football on this won't go on to rant about football, but rather the aspects of life without it. Like many an addiction the abstinence can hit you quite hard, but then slowly gets better. As for myself, I'm keeping busy with procrastinating studying for my exam next week. Normally I would have done that by watching football, but luckily there's a plethora of other things you can do to have your mind focused on something unproductive. I mean I know I really should start ...

Updated April 28, 2020 at 04:36 PM by King Athelstan

Categories
    Hobbies & Interests , Entertainment
  4. The Dude's thoughts - Life at the time of Covid-19

When I wrote the last chapter of this blog series, I had in mind that fear could be an important element to deal with, due to the upcoming issues with the Covid-19 pandemic...

You should know by now that I'm not the kind of dude that it's easily scared, and that my view on the greater picture of life and the Universe as a whole makes me someone who's, let's say, never surprised or easily caught off-guard, so I was expecting the lock down to happen anytime soon, but a lot of people ...
  5. Brewster's final thoughts on his TWC participation through the years.

Long have I aspired writing something that detailed my great deeds upon this website. Like how HorseArcher told the tale of the last Emperor. Fact remains I never did great deeds on this website so you cannot write about your great deeds if you didn't commit them. So maybe I'll write a bit about my mediocre participation on this board. As now more than ever and yes, I'm aware that I often announced my retirement from the site, the end of my time here really comes near.

I've had ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized