View RSS Feed

Life on TWC

1. vBulletin Frustrations

I swear every time we upgrade something on the site vBulletin ends up irritating the crap out of me. I really do like vBulletin as an overall package, they lots of things right. But then you run across something that makes you wonder "Just what were they thinking?" As you know we just installed the vBulletin CMS package for the site and I have been trying to get all this setup so we can make it live on the front end. For years TWC has used a custom script that simply pulled posts from ...
  2. Easter's Rising

A busy week is heading towards its end. And what a week it was. In the Den [Administrative notification: due to an imminent break of SND only none-staff can read from here. To make sure this will never get out, this message is now magically encrypted in a way that while none-staff members can read the plain text, all staff members can read is a copy&paste from Cicero's de finibus malorum et bonorum.] all hell broke loose when Garb announced that he will prepare a special Good Friday dinner for ...

Updated April 02, 2015 at 05:05 PM by Aikanár

Categories
    Life on TWC
  3. Batman's Blog

Well hello Total War Center. I suppose now is the time to bore you with stuff about me. Why not start with stuff about my time here on the site?

I actually found this site and Total War in general quite by accident after stumbling across a picture of Third Age Total War. After doing some research I found the site, and being a fan of Lord of the Rings I pretty much stayed in that section for months, never really caring about anything else on the site. I could not play it at the time ...

Updated March 30, 2015 at 03:46 PM by TheDarkKnight

Categories
    Life on TWC
  4. Times are a'changing

by , March 29, 2015 at 03:38 PM (The Other End of the Quill)
    Ohayou! I'm Hitai, Total War Center's worst writer and most boring member of Content staff. I sense this blog isn't going to be very interesting at all, but thankfully it's far prettier than Aik's, so every cloud!

I used to have another blog here, but I guess now it's better to move over here; if only to help promote the new features GED's been working hard to implement recently.

So, I usually talk about writing, which I find very interesting, since, you know, I'm a writer.

Updated March 29, 2015 at 04:07 PM by Hitai de Bodemloze

Categories
    Life on TWC
  5. Aik's Corner

So here it is, TWC Front End Blogs are live. :thumbsup2

I was really looking forward to this feature. Now that it's here, I'm still exited about it and so this is Aik's Corner. Aik's Corner? Yeah, maybe Aik's Rant Corner or Aik's Speaking Corner or is it about what's going on in the D&D or in the Curia or about Cigars or other products, modding or games?

Maybe it's all of that. Maybe it's something completely different. I'm not too sure about this yet myself, hence ...
    Categories
    Life on TWC
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678