View RSS Feed

Life on TWC

1. An elderly road trip

by , October 13, 2020 at 10:41 PM (Tall an' handsome)
    While on a road trip to visit our adorable grand children, my wife and I stopped at a roadside restaurant for lunch.

After finishing our meal, we left the restaurant, and resumed our trip.

When leaving, my wife unknowingly left her glasses on the table, and she didn't miss them until we had been driving about forty minutes.

By then, to add to my aggravation, we had to travel quite a distance before we could find a place to turn around, in order ...

Updated October 13, 2020 at 10:55 PM by Gigantus

Categories
    Life on TWC
  2. The art of Blog

Do you guys ever look at the bleeping pixels your screen produce as that tine black stripe goes on and off and on and off while you've selected the text field but haven't typed yet? I'm rather interested in how you guys blog. I have to admit, I had some work stored to blog but eventually made new material. I blog the easiest when I'm wind down, which admittedly doesn't happen a lot anymore lately.

So how do you do it? Whats your trick to get writing?
    Categories
    Life on TWC
  3. Anger sells. It sells big. On the back of games.

It's not exactly a new principle, but in the last years it has started to overshadow reason and it certainly didn't leave out the gaming industry as this article by Cnet illustrates.

Quote Originally Posted by article
    Welcome to 2019, where some influential gamers on YouTube have learned what many others, including the president of the United States, have figured out: Anger sells. It sells big.
    If the article gets only one person to think first instead of reflexively 'liking' videos of that nature because ...

Updated June 07, 2019 at 11:51 PM by Gigantus

Categories
    Life on TWC
  4. A Year In Review

Man what a year.

Since the last time I have written a blog my life has changed a lot. The biggest change was being told I was not being invited back to teach at the school that hired me a year ago. While I never found out the reason, I suspect they just did not feel I could improve enough to justify another year. I disagree immensely, as by the end I felt I really had a good handle on the classes that actually tried and just had a couple of problems. But I do, truly, believe that there ...
    Categories
    Life on TWC
  5. Shopping with my beloved Wife

After I retired, my wife insisted that I accompany her on her trips to Wal-Mart. Unfortunately, like most men, I found shopping boring and preferred to get in and get out.
    Equally unfortunate, my wife is like most women - loves to browse and leaves me with endless time to fulfil.
    Yesterday my dear wife received the following letter, from the local Wal-Mart:

Dear Mrs. Harris,

Over the past six months your husband has caused quite a commotion in our store.

Updated May 12, 2017 at 11:27 PM by Gigantus

Categories
    Life on TWC
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast