View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. MODDING NEWS - Feral update forces Mac OS update

by , October 31, 2018 at 10:39 PM (Tall an' handsome)
    An update by Feral to the Linux version of M2TW instructs user to update their OS (to 10.14) by way of being incompatible.

Not everyone wants to update so here is a relatively simple fix:

The file to edit is "/Users/yourusername/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Medieval II Total War/Medieval II Total War.app/Contents/Resources/specifications.xml".

Make a back up copy, just in case.

Search for "10.14" in there, ...

Updated November 20, 2018 at 03:16 AM by Gigantus

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. MODDING NEWS - Steam workshop hit by zero MB bug, reuploading only solution

by , October 31, 2018 at 01:49 AM (Tall an' handsome)
    As of a couple of hours ago the Steam workshop has been giving problems - it manifests itself as showing a zero file size for assorted mods and subscribing won't do anything. A related problem is that you may not be able to remove the mod if you are already subscribed - other then manually removing it.

If you have a mod like that contact it's author and make him aware of the solution underneath:

Simply modify your upload to change the byte size and then push it to Steam ...

Updated November 03, 2018 at 06:17 AM by Gigantus

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Enter the Snake Pit

Enter the SnakePit.

21:30 Saturday night. He exits the metro with his Sister in law, her sister and two friends and they make their way down from the elevated metro station. The venue is only a three-minute walk removed from the station. The road is full with likeminded people who are downing a few drinks before the venue opens. At the stop light he looks in front of him where some people stand grouped, he instantly recognizes one as the best friend of Anouk. He taps his sister ...
    Categories
    Creative Writing
  4. Hitai Talks About Chess: Chigorin vs Chigorin?!

by , September 02, 2018 at 07:07 PM (The Other End of the Quill)
    When I play with the black pieces in chess, I tend to favour two particular defences. The first, and by far and away the most common, is my reply to 1.e4, which is d6, otherwise known as the Pirc Defence. The second is my reply to 1.d4, which is the Chigorin Defence (1.d4 d5 2.c4 Nc6). The Chigorin is something of a niche defence, hearkening back to the Romantic period, and it doesn't see much use in the modern game. As such, it retains the capacity to really throw a white player off and get him ...

Updated September 02, 2018 at 07:14 PM by Hitai de Bodemloze

Tags: chess
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. A New Beginning

PT I

As a new member, back in ancient times (2006), I was overwhelmed with the amount of material that could be found at TWC. Mods, graphics, forums for art, music, history. This place seemed more like a library than a BBS (forum) as we referred to them back then. I was here for the modifications so I spent most of my time in the Total War (TW) areas. It wasn't until later on that I began to spend more time in the Common Community (CC) sections.

My activity was fairly ...

Updated March 31, 2020 at 06:38 PM by Gaius Baltar

Tags: blog, historical, twc
    Categories
    Uncategorized