View RSS Feed

Life on TWC

1. Intros (We don't bite)

by , September 21, 2015 at 05:14 AM (The Official (and Unofficial) Writer's Study Blog)
    The Writer’s Study is dark and full of stories”

Bonjour, ciao, hola, hallo, svieki, हेलो, merhaba, kaixo!!!

Awful aSoIaF references aside (yes, I’m a books man), hello to the newly-created, freshly-polished, recently-patented, parent-approved, vaccinated and heavily drugged, royally-endorsed (or Jacobin-endorsed, whatever side you’re on) Writer’s Study Blog!!!

I can already tell through this screen how excited you all are.

“But what the ...

Updated September 21, 2015 at 08:13 AM by Merchant of Venice

Categories
    Life on TWC , Creative Writing
  2. Everything writing

In my years here on Total War Center, I have done a lot of writing. In game reviews alone I have done at least twenty five reviews, a good chunk of them being from my favorite franchise, Assassins Creed. I also have a further twenty two reviews of movies and TV shows in the Arts section, though some of those reviews are substantially lesser in quality compared to later ones. And if that was not enough I have two long stories and three or four short stories in the Creative Writing section of the ...

Updated September 18, 2016 at 12:29 PM by TheDarkKnight

Categories
    Life on TWC
  3. Turtles and Politicians

A couple of days ago I was sitting at the bar with my friend Andreas, catching up on recent events (he is a long distance trucker and has some riveting stories to tell) and inevitably ended up discussing the recent elections and the abilities (and lack thereof) of the elected politicians.

Apparently the guy sitting next to us had been following our conversation because he suddenly uttered: “Turtles, that’s what they are!”
    The annoyance at being rudely interrupted in our world

Updated May 18, 2015 at 06:23 AM by Gigantus (Font is too big)

Categories
    Life on TWC
  4. Beer contains female Hormones

Last month, National University of Lesotho scientists released the results of a recent analysis that revealed the presence of female hormones in beer.

Men should take a concerned look at their beer consumption.

The theory is that beer contains female hormones (hops contain phytoestrogens) and that by drinking enough beer, men turn into women.

To test the theory, 100 men drank 8 pints of beer each within a 1 hour period.

It was then observed

Updated May 09, 2015 at 07:05 AM by Gigantus (fixed link)

Categories
    Life on TWC
  5. Hell is other people's code

by , April 17, 2015 at 11:56 AM (The Kraken of TWC)
    I have done a lot of work on this site, including both creating custom hacks and installing other peoples custom hacks and tweaking them to suit our needs. I've released some of the custom hacks I've done so that other vbulletin sites can use them. My biggest gripe is other people writing bad code, sometimes just plain terrible almost unusable code and I end up having to fix it to make it work.

I'll be the first to admit that there's no real concrete set of standards that all coders ...
    Tags: vbulletin
    Categories
    Life on TWC , Technology
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast